Rebooting my Droid X

jkm2282

Reaction score
I am facing a peculiar problem while rebooting my phone. When I try to power the phone on, 8 out of 10 times, it gets stuck at the "M" sign and doesn't go beyond that. I have to take the battery out and then power it on again which usually makes it works (have to do that more than once sometimes, though). Any idea why it could be happening and how to solve it? Thanks.

Amta

Reaction score
I just put this same response elsewhere, but apparently there are some issues with Froyo on some Droid Xs. Problems include freezing on the "M" on bootup, music playback, and random reboots. I've read that Motorola is aware of the issue and will be addressing it with a software patch. Here's the link on the Motorola post:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/38876

OP
J

jkm2282

Reaction score
Thanks. Glad to know that they are working on it. Any idea when the update is coming out and how would we know about it? Would that be an android update or motorola one?

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am facing a peculiar problem while rebooting my phone. When I try to power the phone on, 8 out of 10 times, it gets stuck at the "M" sign and doesn't go beyond that. I have to take the battery out and then power it on again which usually makes it works (have to do that more than once sometimes, though). Any idea why it could be happening and how to solve it? Thanks.

and you do not have a bootstrap program loaded right?

OP
J

jkm2282

Reaction score

and you do not have a bootstrap program loaded right?
No, mate. I haven't.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dang that kind of sucks. I have heard of a lot of that and when I have it is bootstrapper related.