Droid X micro sd card issue

tstayjr

Reaction score
I am having an issue with my 2 day old DX reading the sdcard. When I go to play music it gives me the message: Sorry this player does not support this type of audio file. It will also not save pics that I take either. When I restart the dx everything is fine for a day or two and then the problems come back. This is actually my second dx, first one was having the same issues. Could the issue actually be with the sd card? Thanks for any advice.

gammaguy

Reaction score
Sounds like you installed the 2.2.1 update that's floating around. Those are 2 known issues with it.
If that's the case, you should nandroid restore the backup you made before you upgraded. If you didn't backup, it's SBF time.

OP
T

tstayjr

Reaction score
According to Motorola and Verizon these are not known issues but I find that hard to believe. I am in the process of trying another sd card to see if that does the trick. If that does not work Motorola wants me to send my phone to them for about 2 weeks! Just curious to see if anybody else has had similar issues.

gammaguy

Reaction score
OK.. Maybe I wasn't clear.
Did you install the 2.2.1 update available from the TeamBlackHat application on your phone?
If you did, these 2 issues are known problems.

What do you see when you go to System > About Phone under both System Version and Android Version?

I may be taking you down the wrong path with this issue but I'd like to be sure.

gammaguy

Reaction score
Another thing to try-
Have you tried playing the music through a 3rd party app like WinAmp (downloadable from Market)? The stock player seems to occasionally have trouble with DRM'd music.

OP
T

tstayjr

Reaction score
Android version says 2.2 and system version says 2.3.15.MB810. Was not even aware there was an update floating around. Have not tried another music player yet, will see what different sd card does to help. If different sd card does not work I will try a different player. What is an excellent player from the market? Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

gammaguy

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Winamp.

You're running the stock 2.2 build so the known issues with 2.2.1 don't apply.

You might need to reformat the SD Card. It can be done under System > SD Card & Phone Storage Settings. From there you need to Unmount Card and then Format SD Card.

OP
T

tstayjr

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. One last thing, is there a sure way to tell if the sd card is bad?

gammaguy

Reaction score
Do you have another phone you can try it in or mount it as storage and view it from your computer?

OP
T

tstayjr

Reaction score
I inserted the sd card into the laptop and it seems to be reading everything just fine. But the geniuses at Motorola seem to think its the card since it has happened on two different phones but the card was the same for both.

gammaguy

Reaction score
Then I'd copy everything off the card to back it up and then format it, see if that solves the issue.
If it doesn't, scream at Verizon until they replace it.