Attempting to root, not having any luck

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it was added when the site was upgraded.

OP
L
Reaction score
frozen blaotware do not use resources at all. Its like its not there. You can not recieve an ota if you remove bloatware. And some bloatware must be in place ie. The music.apk for the d2 if you remove it your phone random reboots.

I use my music, so I doubt I will remove it. It is mainly the VZ apps I want to remove, and the amazon garbage, and probably some other stuff.

OP
L
Reaction score
frozen blaotware do not use resources at all. Its like its not there. You can not recieve an ota if you remove bloatware. And some bloatware must be in place ie. The music.apk for the d2 if you remove it your phone random reboots.

P.S. what is an "ota"?

03civicdx

Reaction score
I will do that, tomorrow......... I am rooting this thing tonight though. Any advice or benefit to rooting my gf's Droid1? She constantly about how slow it is and how it likes tto freeze up on her all the time.

The benefit of rooting a D1? So many benefits and so many good custom roms. Oh how I miss cm7 and MIUI.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

03civicdx

Reaction score
I use my music, so I doubt I will remove it. It is mainly the VZ apps I want to remove, and the amazon garbage, and probably some other stuff.

No need to remove them they aren't big files or anything. Just freeze them. And ota is over the air up dates.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/70875-what-you-need-know-about-rooting.html

The benefits of rooting are endless but you have to way risk rewards. Those new to rooting SHOULD freeze the bloatware until you understand what to remove and what to leave. Infact I prefer freezing instead of removing it. Its not taking up any real space. The reason why we remove bloatware is because they are unneccasary apps that are running. Some of those apps you later learn may be needed or wanted. If you remove them they are more trouble to restore them... most of the time you end up having to sbf again just to restore it. Or atleast root and make a nandroid backup FIRST then remove bloatware.

OP
L
Reaction score
K, I am now rocking Android Version 2.2.2!! WOOT WOOT!! Not too bad for a newbie!! Now I want a rooted version of 2.3.3, where is it? Or do I have to GingerBreak first?