Attempting to root, not having any luck

03civicdx

Reaction score
If the only reason you want to root is to remove the bloat then I suggest to read up on that too so you don't remove soothing you shouldn't. There is a list of safe to remove or what ever somewhere on here. I just hide them in the app drawer with go launcher so I don't see them. You don't have to root for that.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

03civicdx

Reaction score
I tried right clicking, than searched other programs and 7zip wasn't even listed. Maybe it is my computer (ASUS G71GX X64 Windows 7 Ultimate)

Did you download the x64 version of 7zip?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
^this, infact I highly recommend get titanium backup paid version and freeze bloatware.

03civicdx

Reaction score
^this, infact I highly recommend get titanium backup paid version and freeze bloatware.

I do that also. Was just giving an option for non rooted.

I would uninstall 7zip and reinstall again. You should be able to right click and click on extract here. Make sure you remember where "here" is lol.

OP
L
Reaction score
If the only reason you want to root is to remove the bloat then I suggest to read up on that too so you don't remove soothing you shouldn't. There is a list of safe to remove or what ever somewhere on here. I just hide them in the app drawer with go launcher so I don't see them. You don't have to root for that.

I don't want to hide them, I want to remove them so they are not using any resouces whatsoever.

03civicdx

Reaction score
I don't want to hide them, I want to remove them so they are not using any resouces whatsoever.

Well, definitely read up on which bloat files are safe to remove before you just jump in and remove stuff.

OP
L
Reaction score
Well, definitely read up on which bloat files are safe to remove before you just jump in and remove stuff.

I will do that, tomorrow......... I am rooting this thing tonight though. Any advice or benefit to rooting my gf's Droid1? She constantly about how slow it is and how it likes tto freeze up on her all the time.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
frozen blaotware do not use resources at all. Its like its not there. You can not recieve an ota if you remove bloatware. And some bloatware must be in place ie. The music.apk for the d2 if you remove it your phone random reboots.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Please watch language used, this is a family friendly site.
Thanks.

OP
L
Reaction score
Wasn't aware that ***** was a bad word, but nonetheless the warning will be heeded. It is my gf though......... we have all had them....lol.