Attempting to root, not having any luck

03civicdx

Reaction score
K, I am now rocking Android Version 2.2.2!! WOOT WOOT!! Not too bad for a newbie!! Now I want a rooted version of 2.3.3, where is it? Or do I have to GingerBreak first?

Gingerbreak, bootstrap, then pre rooted gingerbread. Once again everything you need is in the stickies.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
L
Reaction score
new problem under the 2.2.2, I can't access my contacts nor will my phone access my photo gallery. I pulled the card, plugged it into my computer and all of the pics are on the card.

OP
L
Reaction score
Got it, rooted GB. All done........... except now I need to figure out how to remove some of this stuff. Titanium Backup??

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Got it, rooted GB. All done........... except now I need to figure out how to remove some of this stuff. Titanium Backup??
I definitely recommend bloat freezer app. DO NOT REMOVE anything until u know exactly what happens after u freeze certain things. Some things like text message depend on email engine. And if u freeze or remove corporate sync your contacts break.

Trust me it is a LOT better to learn by freezing apps first.

If u freeze DLNA it will immediately pop up with force close all u need to do is battery pull and u will be fine and it will be frozen. A couple other apps do the same. Do NOT freeze home unless u have go launcher to take its place. Go launcher ex is amazing IMHO

OP
L
Reaction score
I think I am done. Signed back into gmail, which got all of my contacts back, and all of my photos are still here. WOOT WOOT!!

ashclepdia

Reaction score
I think I am done. Signed back into gmail, which got all of my contacts back, and all of my photos are still here. WOOT WOOT!!

If.photo was.on ext sd card they weren't touched so good to know ;)

Just please take ny advice on freezing apps first. It will save you.the trouble of having to push apks or sbf'ing a bunch of tines cuz u deleted an app that others depend on to work correctly. It stops them from running and they disappeared from ir.phone until u defrost them. And it is very simple to use.

OP
L
Reaction score
I definitely recommend bloat freezer app. DO NOT REMOVE anything until u know exactly what happens after u freeze certain things. Some things like text message depend on email engine. And if u freeze or remove corporate sync your contacts break.

Trust me it is a LOT better to learn by freezing apps first.

If u freeze DLNA it will immediately pop up with force close all u need to do is battery pull and u will be fine and it will be frozen. A couple other apps do the same. Do NOT freeze home unless u have go launcher to take its place. Go launcher ex is amazing IMHO

I still have some learning to do......... I rooted the phone and am running GB 2.3.3, which is not bad for 14 HOURS OF READING AND FREAKING OUT ALL DAY LONG!! LMAO,....... it works........ I will worry about what to do next tomorrow.

Thanks guys....... I really appreciated the learning experience and we will be chatting again tomorrow.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
You can also try flashing the new eclipse rom for gb. It will get rid of a lot if stuff and bring its.own cool launcher and theme. U just download the newest version of it and move to ext sd card just like the o
preroot gb and flash the same way. Very nice rom. I love it.