Attempted to install Steel Droid 4.5; now have flashing/blinking Moto Dual Core logo

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not at all we have done SBF for either or that will fix you

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Worst case scenario the 890 sbf won't work and you will have to use my 906 sbf

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:biggrin: go to settings, about phone and look for system version. its gonna be 5.7.XXX.Verizon.en.US. The XXX will either be 890 or 906.

this will tell us what system base you are on, so we will know which way to point you.

If it is .890.....go to this post here It will give you directions for "fastbooting" (which is much easier than SBFing IMO) your phone back to stock 890, rooting it and installing a ROM

If it is .906 DO NOT FOLLOW those directions. Let us know. It's a bit trickier, but can be done.
not tricky anymore we have released a 1 click sbf for .906
[6-7-2012] .906 to .890 SBF *UPDATED* - xda-developers

OP
T

tarahmarie

Reaction score
If you've had the phone for a year, and didn't do an OTA, I would assume that you are still on the .890 firmware. Follow Ovelayer's instructions (post right above this one) and see what that does for you. If it doesn't help, try vbhokiefan's instructions on the first page.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Ok, so, I am not a Windows user. The instructions you sent me to depend on me being able to get my phone to connect in Windows, and while I have a Windows partition and have booted into in and installed RSDlite, RSDlite does not see my phone and the USB cable I have does not seem to connect my phone when I'm booted into AP Fastboot. This is the screen I see when I try. Yes, I know I need a stock Motorola cable; about 15 minutes ago, the nice gentleman at the Verizon store flat refused to sell me a new Droid 3 just so I could use the USB cable and return the phone ;-). It would be a week or more before I would receive a cable from an online order.

I do have, however, a card reader. I could load whatever you want me to and apply it as an update.zip through the Android recovery screen, or I can use AP Fastboot. Here are the options I have. Can the BP SBF Flash option be used here? How would I do it?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Ok, so, I am not a Windows user. The instructions you sent me to depend on me being able to get my phone to connect in Windows, and while I have a Windows partition and have booted into in and installed RSDlite, RSDlite does not see my phone and the USB cable I have does not seem to connect my phone when I'm booted into AP Fastboot. This is the screen I see when I try. Yes, I know I need a stock Motorola cable; about 15 minutes ago, the nice gentleman at the Verizon store flat refused to sell me a new Droid 3 just so I could use the USB cable and return the phone ;-). It would be a week or more before I would receive a cable from an online order.

I do have, however, a card reader. I could load whatever you want me to and apply it as an update.zip through the Android recovery screen, or I can use AP Fastboot. Here are the options I have. Can the BP SBF Flash option be used here? How would I do it?

I'm not exactly sure on what to select. I've never had to boot into AP Fastboot. But, if I had to guess, I would say to select BP SBF Flash. That sounds like it should let it connect to RSDlite. Don't take my word for it, though. I'm not sure where to go from here.

You don't really need a Moto cable, but it is recommended since it was made for data transer between a pc and a Motorola phone. I was able to flash a phone I had with a Kodak camera cable.

I'm sure ovelayer could get you a .zip file for you to flash via recovery.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid