having issues installing recovery

magma_camel

Reaction score
i downloaded the bootstrap and installed it fine. allowed root privs then clicked install recovery.

after that i shut down held "M" and power navigated to "BP Tools" and selected it with vol up and i get nothing.

or rather i get differnt behavior then from the video thats shown on rootzwiki

what i noticed is that on the video the phone after selecting "BP Tools" goes directly into a black had splash where mine goes to the dual core moto logo

after a few seconds of that i get a black screen and it just sits and does nothing.

i tried to uninstall recovery and reinstall it from the app again with the same results.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
In the video they mention they have the Black Hat bootscreen they used as a replacement......it's not part of the recovery (go to mydroidworld.com for info on that bootscreen). On your phone, you should see the normal Motorola Dual Core boot screen.

Did you make sure to check the "make recovery active" or whatever it says right below the "install recovery" and "uninstall recovery" options?

dustyjerran

Reaction score
i downloaded the bootstrap and installed it fine. allowed root privs then clicked install recovery.

after that i shut down held "M" and power navigated to "BP Tools" and selected it with vol up and i get nothing.

or rather i get differnt behavior then from the video thats shown on rootzwiki

what i noticed is that on the video the phone after selecting "BP Tools" goes directly into a black had splash where mine goes to the dual core moto logo

after a few seconds of that i get a black screen and it just sits and does nothing.

i tried to uninstall recovery and reinstall it from the app again with the same results.

u have to make sure ur using the latest version of busy box it should be 1.19.2 and then reinstall the recovery and it should work