atrix lapdock on a razr maxx

Seaner

Reaction score
So i bought the lapdock for 60 bucks cause i thought what the hell i dont have a laptop and maybe this will work well enough for that anyway. i bought extension cords for it cause i didnt want to shave plastic off it and then not having the option to return it. I plugged it in with just the hdmi cord cause the other extension cord for the usb wouldnt fit in well. When i plug it in it shows the welcome to webtop 3.0 screen but the mouse wont work. ive tried hitting the led twice and ive tried a usb mouse and it wont work. i also dont know if the keyboard is working either. i tried the 'fn' and brightness etc and it wouldnt do anything. any advice to get this to work?

OP
S

Seaner

Reaction score
got it to work. i had to pop off the spacer thing and then the usb fit properly and now its working great

OP
S

Seaner

Reaction score
nevermind now its not working... this thing is tempermental

jaybogg

Reaction score
Glad you got it to work, for a while at least.:angry: Sounds like you are on the right path, good luck and keep us posted.

OP
S

Seaner

Reaction score
so i shaved off some plastic on the extension connectors and it seems to be working now... we'll see what happens. im sending this on the lapdock by the way

swallman

Reaction score
so i shaved off some plastic on the extension connectors and it seems to be working now... we'll see what happens. im sending this on the lapdock by the way

I know this post is a couple weeks old, but how has it been working out for you ? I'm planning to pick up an Atrix dock tomorrow. Thinking I'd like to get the cables if I can (where did you get yours from?)

Thanks!

swallman

Reaction score
Just picked up the Atrix dock at Radio Shack on clearance for $ 19.95. After modding the connections it works great! Only issue I'm seeing so far is related to the volume. Seems that the HDMI output is either full volume or none at all. Attempting to raise/lower the volume with the keyboard just results in the same (full or none). Wondering if anyone has found a solution for this ?​