At my wit's end.....

westcoastbias

Reaction score
So this is just driving me crazy and I desperately need some help.

Some background.

I went to root my dinc using unrevoked. There was an installation error for whatever reason (I didnt set it to accept programs for unauthorized locations, maybe that was it?).

It went into a boot cycle then wouldnt boot, then did boot but wouldnt make phone calls, then would make phone calls, then went into a boot cycle.....

I finally was able after the 4th try to successfully run unrevoked. The phone shows s off and the superuser app is present. However, it still was really buggy and would reboot randomly (seemed most associated with the android market, but happened elsewhere.) When it did this, I had to pull the battery and wait about 15 minutes before putting it back and then it would boot normally and things were ok until I tried to do something crazy like install an app.

So I thought, let me just factory install this and call it a day. I downloaded htc and the ruu from dougpistons site and ran it. It said it worked succssfully. But on the reboot it just hangs on the HTC Incredible screen with the white background.

What do I do? Any help is appreciated, but I am going crazy over here....

OP
W

westcoastbias

Reaction score
So I am not sure what you mean by that phrasing. But yes, s-off was enabled (from the 4th time I ran unrevoked) before I ran the RUU.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to ask if you flashed s-on before you ran the RUU. If you didn't (and are therefore still s-off), you're still rooted on some level and we dealt with this issue on IF last night.

OP
W

westcoastbias

Reaction score
I am not sure what IF is. But yeah, it was definitely s-off when I ran that RUU. So your suggestion would be to go back to S-on then to run the RUU again?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
IF= Incredible Forum (sister forum of this site). Are you stuck on the white HTC Incredible screen right now or did you manage to get out of that?

OP
W

westcoastbias

Reaction score
No, I can boot it to the main desktop now. But if it freezes it takes 20 minutes of the battery being removed to get back there.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, first thing we're going to try is a basic factory reset. Settings -->SD & phone storage --> Factory data reset.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please post when you've done the reset and let me know if that worked. If not, we have a few other things to try. It's a little unclear what's going on with your phone but we'll do our best to get it straightened out as quickly as possible.

OP
W

westcoastbias

Reaction score
Alright, it did it. Brings me back to the intro incredible screens wanting me to set up various things.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go through and set up your e-mail account, etc. It's a good sign that you didn't get stuck in the same spot again.

OP
W

westcoastbias

Reaction score
will let you know. unfortunately, i need to bounce now. i will be on the forums at 8 pst if things fail. i really appreciate the help you have given.

OP
W

westcoastbias

Reaction score
so things seem to have gotten worse...

Everything was fine last night until I tried to install twitdroyd. Then the phone went into reboot mode and I pulled the battery and forgot about it. I put the battery in today and now it wont even boot up. I have it plugged in now thinking it could be just a dead battery, but its been a half hour and it still wont boot...