ASPHALT 5 for the DROID!!!!

droid d'oh

Reaction score
Anybody else having issues with having to use nitro ALL THE TIME to win a race? Seems like no matter how good my car is I always get beat by some silly mercedes suv.

Slighter

Reaction score
$6.99 in the market, $5.00 on the gameloft site. 2 dollars for convenience?
(yeah I'm a cheap sob but a beer is a beer)

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i wouldn´t buy it on the gameloft site. cause if you dont install it from the market you cant update the thing. and maybe its the old non working version what many of us bought first.

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
Yeah Slighter, you should have probably read trough the whole thread....instead of just telling us you were cheap. Pretty sure if the price is less on the WAP store than it's the cheaper non-working version. By I guess to each his own LOL. You just wanted to say you own Asphalt 5 not also be able to play it, right? Cause if so you need to spend the two more bucks.

And yes it is very poor of Gameloft to sell you a game they know won't work. Did I also mention they have a ZERO refund policy?

The worst part, I will repeat since apparently you did not read this thread, I you contact tech support they have now way of giving you he working version. They will just resend you the non-working WAP version. AND, Mustang is right, you will have no way of getting the updates....but then again 2bucks is 2 bucks, right?

tu3218

Reaction score
Anybody else having issues with having to use nitro ALL THE TIME to win a race? Seems like no matter how good my car is I always get beat by some silly mercedes suv.

yeah I'm seeing the same thing. I think nitro is needed to much in this game. I'm driving a audi and a mini cooper is beating me. There is absolutely no way.

Sweettooth

Reaction score

yeah I'm seeing the same thing. I think nitro is needed to much in this game. I'm driving a audi and a mini cooper is beating me. There is absolutely no way.

No kidding, I'm flying down the road in an Audi R8 and I'm getting beat by a Nissan Z? LOL

I say it has to do with the game being arcade style. Even Raging Thunder (either one) was challenging to beat without using nitro. Also if you'll notice, even your opponents are blasting away on the nitro. They SHOULD have better distinction between cars though, and then maybe an option to turn off the use of nitro. A drag race option would be cool as well. Let's give them time though and see how much of their soul they pour into this one. :)

Slighter

Reaction score
Yeah Slighter, you should have probably read trough the whole thread....instead of just telling us you were cheap. Pretty sure if the price is less on the WAP store than it's the cheaper non-working version. By I guess to each his own LOL. You just wanted to say you own Asphalt 5 not also be able to play it, right? Cause if so you need to spend the two more bucks.

And yes it is very poor of Gameloft to sell you a game they know won't work. Did I also mention they have a ZERO refund policy?

The worst part, I will repeat since apparently you did not read this thread, I you contact tech support they have now way of giving you he working version. They will just resend you the non-working WAP version. AND, Mustang is right, you will have no way of getting the updates....but then again 2bucks is 2 bucks, right?
[video=youtube;C6cxNR9ML8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k"]YouTube - Lighten Up Francis[/video]
I did read through the thread. I did not until just before my post find it available in the market. My post was just an observation on the price point difference followed by a bit of humor. You should try some along with a few beers.
Please resume playing whatever game takes you away from spending time with your wife and kids. Cheers

Last edited:

droid d'oh

Reaction score

No kidding, I'm flying down the road in an Audi R8 and I'm getting beat by a Nissan Z? LOL

I say it has to do with the game being arcade style. Even Raging Thunder (either one) was challenging to beat without using nitro. Also if you'll notice, even your opponents are blasting away on the nitro. They SHOULD have better distinction between cars though, and then maybe an option to turn off the use of nitro. A drag race option would be cool as well. Let's give them time though and see how much of their soul they pour into this one. :)

Hopefully this will be fixed in an update, I enjoy a challenge, but not a silly one. Also, who else likes the near impossible police chases.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
police chase sucks most thats right :(. i also dont like drifting and dont like collect money races lol. well i like normal races most. its true the other cars are hard to beat. i have a 750.000 ferrari with tuning completely on the limit. and hey what should i say ... if i ram into a wall the other cars catch me up :D.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone having the issue of the game sound files showing up in their music

Slighter

Reaction score
Hey gerkman
I left out my applesauce for your typing and editing abilities.
(this would have been funnier with audio and a french accent)

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
i wouldn´t buy it on the gameloft site. cause if you dont install it from the market you cant update the thing. and maybe its the old non working version what many of us bought first.

AFAIK, unless they've updated it; the version direct from Gameloft DOES work, but is an older build that does not use SD card storage - and pretty much HAS to be ADB installed.

Right now, the only version worth buying is the marketplace version.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
well gertman and i does the big mistake to buy this 50 megs wapsite version. and werent able to install it doesnt matter how many space we had free. i tried out adb push too but it didnt work either. but dont care about it. we actually have the working version from the market and already a update :). well without changelog. but hey its a update :D.