ASPHALT 5 for the DROID!!!!

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
No I am not overclocked or rooted, phone is completely stock.

Now I have had the game freeze for a second or two every now and then......actually I really haven't had a chance to play very much yet.

Now I have been talking to someone on blue Roth while playing And it seems fine but when I hang up and then try to turn the sound on it chunks for a bit.

Also before I start the game I try and kill all other tasks. I know the homedrun3d and dolphin have some sort of incompatible issue.

Glad you liked the video, it was my very first posted on YouTube.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah but it seems to be its nearly unplayable on the nexus. poor guys with their sucky amd z430 GPU :D. our power vr sgx 530 has twice the speed and now the nexus users maybe will start to realize that they bought the wrong phone :D. really. crappy gpu, no dpad. the nexus isn´t very good in terms of gaming.

gertman which firmware do you have ? and do you have a class 2 or 6 sd card ? thx.

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
Do to the lightening quick Verizon roll out of 2.1 is still have the stock 2.0.1 I think have this in the video description. I think my SD card is class 2. It's which ever one comes standard with the Droid. O and by the way I have tons of Apps and only 43mb free on my phone's internal memory. I could free up more space easy by installing the full version of Raging Thunder 2. The demo takes up 20mb but the full version breaks it up and put more on the SD card like asphalt 5.

I was saying this for the benefit of others that might read this thread; I know MustangGT500 knows all about savings portions of the game on the SD card.

Last edited:

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Well I played it some more and I too am liking it a lot more. I'm now passed the point of being able to refund so I moved it to my third screen where all my games are. No one mentioned how cool it is that there's a bumper cam!!! I always play racing games in bumper or hood cam so this is awesome. Not to mention with having already beaten Raging Thunder 2 (only thing I don't have is the Flawless achievment on all tracks) and it also missing the update that fixes it's current menu bugs, this will have to keep me entertained. Can't wait for some fixes though to make it less jerky.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
well in my opinion RT2 and Asphalt 5 are two completely different kind of racing games. RT2 is more let me say ... mario kart arcade like and Asphalt is more NFS aracade like. Both are funny games and provides you fast action. But i think it´s hard to compare them.

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
Have you guys checked out the AWESOME sleep or minimize function it has?

I know HomeRun3D and Raging Thunder 1 did NOT have this.....at least the lite versions. ;)

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
Hit the home soft key or just pause the game and turn your screen off.

When you access the game again, it reloads exactly where you were in the game aka at the browsing for cars screen, racing, etc.

Very cool and seems robust, has worked well for me so far.

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
FYI tonight I am going to attempt to do a video showing Asphalt 5 on the iPhone AND the Droid at the same time.

I have no tripod or anyone else to help out so wish me luck.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have a iphone? Sorry but why? Does the game runs better on iphone? I think it does. Iphone has crappy screen res and doesnt have as much to render as the droid. I will do a video too later. I have a tripod. And a very nice slr :). In my job an in my freetime i take a lot of photos and make some short films also.

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
Not an iPhone but an iPod touch, does that make more sense. And it's not really mine it's the families aka wife/ kids.

So here they are enjoy:

Additional Features:
[video=youtube;Exn-ntWz_8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exn-ntWz_8Y]YouTube - Asphalt 5 on Droid additional features[/video]

Asphalt 5 on Droid and iPod:
[video=youtube;wXEdQ2gV0yA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXEdQ2gV0yA]YouTube - Asphalt 5 on Droid vs. I-Pod Touch[/video]

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
hmmm my last post dont appear. strange. ok ill write it again. i saw your videos and posted a comment. you said IPHONE not IPOD that was confusing me a bit :D. greets. like i said on the video tell me the secret controling two devices at the same time :).

Last edited:
OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
MustangGT500:

I think you meant iPod not iPad. There is no secret I tried to sync both devices and as you can see I was moving them as a "unit". It did turn out pretty well, didn't it ;)

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes not bad vid :) my video is currently uploading. 324 megs. original size 1,5 gb. 10 minutes of gameplay in SLR HD quality. i let you know if its finnished. btw you can call me andré :). all of you off course.

Jedijesus95

Reaction score
Looking forward to your video. The other videos were good as well. I can't decide if I want this on my droid or ipod touch.