Are you kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
well, i disagree with you to an extent. certainly, us around here, and all the rumors, have created a lot of hype. but for me, it all goes back to Jha's announcement over a year ago that Moto was bringing a "superphone" to mkt before the end of 2010. not to resort to playground mentality, but Jha started it.

Motorola Developing 2-Gigahertz Android 'Superphone' - Mobiledia

and, just for giggles, i searched "motorola superphone", and one of the tags is a link directly to Moto's website for the Photon. so, imo, Moto has to take some responsibility for the hype machine that's been created, and whether or not they're living up to their own hype.

Android Smartphone - Motorola PHOTON 4G Superphone - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA - Experience - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

That superphone link doesnt say if its a Verizon phone or not. I think he was talking about the Atrix. Remember the Atrix was always scheduled to launch first vs. the Bionic.

The hype behind the Atrix is its supposed to be the "worlds most powerful phone"

Even still calling something a superphone and marketing it as one is 2 different things. Do any of us remember when the Atrix was shown off at CES? Winning an award? The hype after CES about it? How many of us thought the Atrix was gonna be a Verizon phone right up until it was shown off?

I never got that same feeling from Moto about the Bionic.

thedead04

Reaction score
I'm relatively new here, but once I heard about the bionic I've been on this site daily. It's become almost an obsession that I have this phone, but after seeing the specs and hearing all the talk of the pentile screen I'm just not that sure anymore. Heres my thinking, knowing full well that waiting for the next greatest tech is a game that we can play forever:

If word comes down that Vigor will be here before December, I'd have to wait for it. The 720p screen sounds so nice plus dual core 1.5ghz... but if I have to wait til Christmas for it, I'd rather get the Bionic.

The Nexus Prime... do we even know if Verizon is getting it? I've read elsewhere that its unlikely, but again the thought of a better spec'ed phone with no bloat or locked bootloader would be great...

I guess in the meantime my DX with Liberty GB will do fine. If any solid news of Vigor or Prime drop before the release of Bionic, I think I'll be waiting a little longer. I'm new to this, but to me at least it really seems that Moto missed its window for releasing this phone to huge success.

bardol

Reaction score
I find it humorous that so many people speak with such certainty that these new superphones like the Vigor and Prime will be out so soon. These are probably the same people that made the judgment that the Bionic was coming out months ago based on unsubstantiated rumors even though Moto or VZW never stated an official release date.

(I do realize they said "summer" but technically summer isn't over until Sept)

I do sympathize though, as I am getting very tired of waiting since my Droid has one foot in the grave.

M

Mullensbb

Its f###ing ridiculous all the trolls shouting out misinformation and their negative bull$h*t opinions. The phone is not out dated, its just not as ahead of the pack as it would have been 5 months ago. Also its all rumors untill the offical specs are released so stop bi*ching. Mostly this phone is for moto fans that want dual core and lte. If you like htc or apple then why would you care anyways since your not a moto person.
Also for all the people saying "i don't need 4g" fine the phones not intended for you either. Most of us who really need 4g use our phones for netflix or wifi tethering (which since I can stream netflix, espn 3 or play xbox live with 3g- 4g will be amazing). So if you dont care for 4g then, again this phones not for you.
For the most part this is going to be a bad ass droid x...
Im tired of the apple loving, moto hating haters that never were truly "waiting" for this phone. Stop hating!
Its not an iphone
Its not outdated
It is a 4glte , dual core, 4.3in screen hdmi out, hd camcorder, home and car dock...
It even has gingerbread, which I would rather have froyo stock with optional ota updates. I find froyo to be a much easier root...

I know some people are going to scream about ice cream sandwich but honestly youre crazy. Its not ready yet- think about the froyo to gb change over/update.

So haters, just quit hating! Moto lovers have faith in moto the bionic will kickass!
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
To the person whi asked do any of the droid3 owners feel underwhelmed me personally on a design level sure. But screen what's a few pixels going to do? Makes me realize that its a phone not some personal device witch I can run the game crysis from. IMO the hype people give these phones makes me think they could. And phone speed wise its got two cores who would of guessed a year ago that phone would of got this fast? Bootloaders yeah they should come unlocked for the prices we pay but motorola in a sense is trying to protect your buy. Honestly who wanta to buy a phone root it have it die and wait or pay to get a new one? As far as overclocking maybe to 1.3 or 1.2 but that's all and soon moto is unlocking our boot loader rumor yes but look at the bionic its rumor and see how much people speculate on it? Sorry for my block of text indensions and spacing is not me right now.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

thedead04

Reaction score
Its f###ing ridiculous all the trolls shouting out misinformation and their negative bull$h*t opinions. The phone is not out dated, its just not as ahead of the pack as it would have been 5 months ago. Also its all rumors untill the offical specs are released so stop bi*ching. Mostly this phone is for moto fans that want dual core and lte. If you like htc or apple then why would you care anyways since your not a moto person.
Also for all the people saying "i don't need 4g" fine the phones not intended for you either. Most of us who really need 4g use our phones for netflix or wifi tethering (which since I can stream netflix, espn 3 or play xbox live with 3g- 4g will be amazing). So if you dont care for 4g then, again this phones not for you.
For the most part this is going to be a bad ass droid x...
Im tired of the apple loving, moto hating haters that never were truly "waiting" for this phone. Stop hating!
Its not an iphone
Its not outdated
It is a 4glte , dual core, 4.3in screen hdmi out, hd camcorder, home and car dock...
It even has gingerbread, which I would rather have froyo stock with optional ota updates. I find froyo to be a much easier root...

I know some people are going to scream about ice cream sandwich but honestly youre crazy. Its not ready yet- think about the froyo to gb change over/update.

So haters, just quit hating! Moto lovers have fait in moto the bionic will kickass!
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Hey guy, its not about loving or hating Moto (for most of us anyway). I have DX and love it and think a bad ass DX would be great, but it's about having the best phone for your buck (and 2-year contract) that will be as future proof and enjoyable as possible. For me, that would be the Vigor should it be released anywhere close to the same time as the Bionic. Also, if we are on this forum, chances are we aren't Apple loving. If a slightly better DX2 with LTE excites you, then good for you... For me, after all this hype and waiting, I'll wait a little longer for something truly new and exceptional such as what the Vigor appears to be.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Forums have always amazed me. Express any opinion not seeping with love and someone immediately brands you a hater. Similarly, say something positive and you are a FanBoy.
Maybe some originality in thought and tolerance will eventually seep into what should be a "Forum" for expression of ALL opinion sans the mindless labeling.
As for people who are happy or outraged about the Bionic, first - get a life.
This is a PHONE not your identity or a life support system.
IF it was a PaceMaker or Replacement Kidney I could see the intensity of emotion but perhaps it is an age issue. I have no idea what the average age is on this forum perhaps it's 17 which would explain a lot.
Will it be a Great Phone? It's not even out yet so who can say. When it arrives will it be the knock-out punch everybody who was waiting for it wanted? No, apparently not which the lesson there is - it's a PHONE. There will be 10 better ones in the next year which based on the 2 year upgrade cycle should be a lesson in frustration avoidance in and of itself.
No Matter when you jump it will be an empty experience IF you are looking to have the BEST phone for any length of time if at all.
Perhaps someday Forums will be known as Asylums ( for some) for everybody else they are just really good centralized places to go for some useful information and help when you need it.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
And someone mentioned a few pages back the screen and camera being 2 of the most important things in a phone....reading that I shouldnt have even posted in this thread...Only time I use my camera is when someone asks me to use it. Screen is a grey area. The Pentile from last year didnt bother many folks.

What do you use your phone for if you don't don't care about the screen or the camera?

Of course we use ours for phone calls and texting, but that's a given for every phone.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Forums have always amazed me. Express any opinion not seeping with love and someone immediately brands you a hater. Similarly, say something positive and you are a FanBoy.
Maybe some originality in thought and tolerance will eventually seep into what should be a "Forum" for expression of ALL opinion sans the mindless labeling.
IF it was a PaceMaker or Replacement Kidney I could see the intensity of emotion but perhaps it is an age issue. I have no idea what the average age is on this forum perhaps it's 17 which would explain a lot.
Will it be a Great Phone? It's not even out yet so who can say. When it arrives will it be the knock-out punch everybody who was waiting for it wanted? No, apparently not which the lesson there is - it's a PHONE. There will be 10 better ones in the next year which based on the 2 year upgrade cycle should be a lesson in frustration avoidance in and of itself.
No Matter when you jump it will be an empty experience IF you are looking to have the BEST phone for any length of time if at all.
Perhaps someday Forums will be known as Asylums ( for some) for everybody else they are just really good centralized places to go for some useful information and help when you need it.

A forum is a place where people who care for similar interests can discuss these interests and get others takes on said interests.

You may be older, but your punctuation doesn't say so.

thedead04

Reaction score

A forum is a place where people who care for similar interests can discuss these interests and get others takes on said interests.

+1. Also CaptainSS, last I checked this isn't a PHONE, it's a pocket computer which most of us use for everything leisure related (gaming, cathcing up on the news, watching videos, listening to music just to name a few things) when not at home, that also happens to make phone calls. :icon_ banana:

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score

That's funny. Never heard that one before, a jab at grammar, spelling or punctuation. I believe I said that Forums are great centralized places for information/help sharing. The function of "Discussing" is NOT helped and in fact is hindered when someone is labeled or personally attacked when they express an opinion that differs from the mainstream.
People should be able to be upset about the latest Droid offering without being dubbed "Haters" and people who are excited should be able to be without being labeled "FanBoys". Neither are accurate or original.
Personally, I was mildly interested with the Bionic and waited until some preliminary data was provided and seeing as it really isn't anything earth shattering will wait until something considerably better comes down the pike.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or how about when you dont agree with someone you are labeled a fanboy. lol I always find that funny.

And someone mentioned a few pages back the screen and camera being 2 of the most important things in a phone....reading that I shouldnt have even posted in this thread...Only time I use my camera is when someone asks me to use it. Screen is a grey area. The Pentile from last year didnt bother many folks.

What do you use your phone for if you don't don't care about the screen or the camera?

Of course we use ours for phone calls and texting, but that's a given for every phone.

Camera is no where near 2 of the most important things to me about a phone. Battery life and reception are the 2 most important things to me. I will take a Pentile screen any day of the week if the Bionic, Droid X2, Droid 3, Photon, Atrix can provide those 2 things for me.

I mentioned screen being a grey area. Last year sooo many ppl praised the Amoled screens sooo much. Waaay batter than LCD, blows LCD out the water, etc...Didnt matter to me...cuz everything else about my phone allowed me to overlook any cons of the screen. In my case the screen isnt as important to me as it is to some ppl.

We all have different needs, wants. Camera is probably at the bottom for me as a need or want. Its nice to have a camera, good camera, but its certaintly no deal breaker for me.

Yea we look at the screen the most. But I'm taking cues from folks that had Amoled screens with Pentile last year. Many, many GS1's were sold last year. The Incredible probably had decent sales too.

I would like to know the numbers for ppl that returned those phones just because of the screen...

Last edited:

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score

+1. Also CaptainSS, last I checked this isn't a PHONE, it's a pocket computer which most of us use for everything leisure related (gaming, cathcing up on the news, watching videos, listening to music just to name a few things) when not at home, that also happens to make phone calls. :icon_ banana:

Agreed. Very handy tool. My use of the term "phone" was in comparison with machines or tools of critical function like a pacemaker.
Best I can tell the Bionic as well as the X2 will both serve quite well as "pocket computers" it seems that the principal argument goes to the frustration directed at Motorola for not releasing a pocket computer of sufficient impact to please the bleeding edge consumer thus providing the new owner with bragging rights -vs- simply a very capable "pocket computer" of which it is at least that.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or how about when you dont agree with someone you are labeled a fanboy. lol I always find that funny.

Maybe we should start labeling anyone who calls someone a fanboy of anything a "fanboy of fanboys" since they like calling them out so much...

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score

Yes. I guess the bottom line is labeling period. When/If I have an issue with someone requiring debate, I always view labels or personal attacks of any kind as a clear sign of an unprepared opponent and a signal to exit the discussion because it is in essence going nowhere or at least nowhere I find useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.