Are you kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Now that we know what the bionics specs are, I wonder if moto is going to change the name to "almost ordinary" . Let's face it, we were kept excited for 9 months for this?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I asked this in the other 2 threads about the specs, but what kind of specs were you expecting to see? I mean, you have been following the leaks and everything for the past months right? Arent these basically the specs that have been thrown out for months? Why the suprise?

C

Communisum

I asked this in the other 2 threads about the specs, but what kind of specs were you expecting to see? I mean, you have been following the leaks and everything for the past months right? Arent these basically the specs that have been thrown out for months? Why the suprise?

+1............

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been saying for months this thing is just a glorified, slightly souped up Atrix... the first "version" even was announced near the same time that AT&T got it.

It's an awesome phone, mind you (as are the Atrix and Photon...) - but people are expecting this super phone that will blow our minds away and shock us with something new and revolutionary - overhype machine!

Engineer_900

Reaction score
still a great phone despite the specs... personal opinion but still alot of people must not forget this is going to be verizon's best 4g phone across the border

bigdad63

Reaction score
Oh well...

still a great phone despite the specs... personal opinion but still alot of people must not forget this is going to be verizon's best 4g phone across the border

I admitted on another thread that the bionic will be the best compilation of currently available technology. It will only be people like me who can't ignore that:
-the GSII destroyed the D3 in benchmark testing (bionic processor)
-the D3 takes worse pictures than my D1 (bionic camera)
-the D3's camcorder still suffers from stutter and skip (bionic video)
-they will take over-saturated amoled colors vs a little more pixelation

and will take a pass and wait on something cutting edge.

Last edited:

das2042

Reaction score
We're upset because moto and the Verizon engineers took this long to put out a phone that doesn't blow us away! They make us wait for this! I'm sorry but the display is horrible(comparing to photon). HTC vigor here I come! My d1 is capable of lasting that long. I'm for one disappointed. A September release for what is a major let down. I don't care that its Verizons best 4g phone, their choices are a let down and I'm not getting stuck in a 2 year contract with this phone if those are in deed The specs.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
We're upset because moto and the Verizon engineers took this long to put out a phone that doesn't blow us away! They make us wait for this! I'm sorry but the display is horrible(comparing to photon). HTC vigor here I come! My d1 is capable of lasting that long. I'm for one disappointed. A September release for what is a major let down. I don't care that its Verizons best 4g phone, their choices are a let down and I'm not getting stuck in a 2 year contract with this phone if those are in deed The specs.

Is the Vigor 4G? When is that even supposed to be out? By the time that's on that's ready to be released, quad core phones will probably be ready to come out. You can play this game forever.

You wanted a phone that would blow you away? Ummm.. Did you just start following the Bionic last week? I just think it's odd that everyone's crying over the specs when they pretty much already knew what the specs were gonna be.

das2042

Reaction score
I think you are grossly missing the point! The specs would have been mind blowing months ago! To make us wait for technology that's been out for a while now and call it the best thing since sliced bread, give me a break. I WANT a new phone, I don't need one(thanks bugless) so yes I can wait. I'd rather give my money to HTC and their 720hd non pixelated goodness!
Thank you

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you are grossly missing the point! The specs would have been mind blowing months ago! To make us wait for technology that's been out for a while now and call it the best thing since sliced bread, give me a break. I WANT a new phone, I don't need one(thanks bugless) so yes I can wait. I'd rather give my money to HTC and their 720hd non pixelated goodness!
Thank you

dancedroid

CM74DX

bigdad63

Reaction score

Is the Vigor 4G? When is that even supposed to be out? By the time that's on that's ready to be released, quad core phones will probably be ready to come out. You can play this game forever.

You wanted a phone that would blow you away? Ummm.. Did you just start following the Bionic last week? I just think it's odd that everyone's crying over the specs when they pretty much already knew what the specs were gonna be.

To spend the kind of $ they are going to demand for the bionic and be locked into another 2 year contract, some of us just want something a little more than the best bits (questionable) from the last 6 months thrown together in one package.

dancedroid

bigdad63

Reaction score
Thank you

dancedroid

CM74DX

A really big +1

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Thank you

So 2 months ago you would have committed to the thing for 2 years, but now you wouldnt? if the device had came out two months ago and you had bought it, would you be lamenting your purchase today? What's really the difference between 2 months ago and today?

Who said it was the best thing since sliced bread? I havent even seen any real promotional material or advertising at all from Verizon or Moto. The Bionic might be the victim of fanboy fantasies. It's as if everyone already has an idea in their head about the "perfect phone" that Moto is supposed to be building for them, and when they're faced with the reality of what the device might be, they're all disappointed.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
To spend the kind of $ they are going to demand for the bionic and be locked into another 2 year contract, some of us just want something a little more than the best bits (questionable) from the last 6 months thrown together in one package.

dancedroid

Something more? Such as?

J5311

Reaction score
Thank you

dancedroid

CM74DX

A really big +1

+2:icon_ banana:

It would've been amazing when it was supposed to come out.... second quarter of this year......... now with news of the HTC Vigor ond the specs of the Samsung GSII what is so special about the DB?:icon_evil:

Motorola has let us all down D1 RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.