Are you kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Exactly screen is good for its tech its on the nexus s and who complains about that phones screen. Keyboard it incredible speed of the phone its gre at for it I have yet to lag yet. Camera its good to me it does what I want and that's take pictures. I understand why people want what they ask. High res screen go buy a 60in high def one for the family then every one can enjoy it not just you. High res photos buy a high quality camera they are there for a reason. High download speed connect to wifi. All this cost about what you pay verizon over your two year contract

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. But be careful with that argument.. you're likely to get people trying to refute it with, "for what I'm paying for a phone already, I expect to get the best.".

What they don't understand is phones aren't exactly supposed to take the same type of pictures as professional cameras. Or have the same exact clarity of a 60" LG HDTV. At least not yet.. it's a portable device and these things already to damn incredible things for a HAND HELD. If it was meant to be that way, I'm sure it would be that way. But no, it's not happening yet, so might as well not complain to much about it now. Would you guys rather our phones be like.. the Nintendo DS software/hardware or.. even the LG enV Touch? The fact my phone lets me hook it up to my hdtv with EASE in full 720-1080p is simply amazing to me and is awesome. I just wish watching netflix on it would up convert to HD or even normal SD that you'd get on a tv. But, alas, it's not that way yet. Maybe someday. :)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't get all the sg2 talk on here.... is it even 4g.. if it isnt ... it can't even be compared

as fas as the bionic.... if its atrix like then I'm not impressed and it should've came out a year ago

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't get all the sg2 talk on here.... is it even 4g.. if it isnt ... it can't even be compared

as fas as the bionic.... if its atrix like then I'm not impressed and it should've came out a year ago

Lol obviously it can be compared if its.. well, being compared so much? There must be valid reason then. That being, it's a great phone.

4G ups the internet speeds.. not overall phone performance. That's why there's quite a bit of people in big 4G cities not even getting a 4G phone due to the flaws. Some people would rather spend 300bucks when 4G is worth getting overall. Not just one new shiny, not completely done, feature. Even LTE right now is more like.. a beta. I can live with a little slower internet times.. the speed I have now is just fine. Not slow to me at all.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

Lol obviously it can be compared if its.. well, being compared so much? There must be valid reason then. That being, it's a great phone.

4G ups the internet speeds.. not overall phone performance. That's why there's quite a bit of people in big 4G cities not even getting a 4G phone due to the flaws. Some people would rather spend 300bucks when 4G is worth getting overall. Not just one new shiny, not completely done, feature. Even LTE right now is more like.. a beta. I can live with a little slower internet times.. the speed I have now is just fine. Not slow to me at all.

for ppl that get a new phone every 6months lte might not be so important.... for someone being locked in for a year and a half.... its very important.... paying the same bill everymonth for a phone that doesn't give u all the perks of the premiums we pay isn't worth it..... sg2 can be the best phone ever but if its on 3g speeds its useless to me... a great phone with 3g isn't as good as a great phone with 4g :)

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meh, I can afford upgrades yet I still me go for a 3G phone. Call me crazy. :)

All personal opinions and yours differs from mine and others, mine differs from yours and others. I've used 4G. Its nice, sure. But nothing I need right now.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Meh, I can afford upgrades yet I still me go for a 3G phone. Call me crazy. :)

All personal opinions and yours differs from mine and others, mine differs from yours and others. I've used 4G. Its nice, sure. But nothing I need right now.

I guess I like to take advantage of everything I pay for

it'd be nice for the bionic to come out one day lol.... the wait continues

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As picky as I am, agree. But for once.. 4G isn't taking advantage of everything.. especially after hearing about the battery life. Sure, some people say there's is good, but even top, non biased, phone reviewers say it drains it too quickly. One advantage lowering other advantages.. no thanks. There's been to many reports of people having problems with LTE draining battery to much that it's hard to listen to the minority saying theirs is good, even if it could be.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
As picky as I am, agree. But for once.. 4G isn't taking advantage of everything.. especially after hearing about the battery life. Sure, some people say there's is good, but even top, non biased, phone reviewers say it drains it too quickly. One advantage lowering other advantages.. no thanks. There's been to many reports of people having problems with LTE draining battery to much that it's hard to listen to the minority saying theirs is good, even if it could be.

my friend shuts down the 4g on his TB when he's not using the inet and he says it helps a bunch.... I'm sure the new OS's will help w batt life as the new versions have helpd my d1

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I've just been thinking a lot lately about what it is I actually do most on my phone and maybe I'm not the majority, but most of my time spent on my phone is staring at the screen, switching between apps, playing games, texting and reading articles on websites that have no problem loading in 2-3 seconds with 3G.

I'm not saying 4G LTE isn't important, because progress is always important in the advancement of technology...

I also rarely find myself waiting more than a few seconds due to data download speeds. Most of my hands-on data use is in Google Reader, which loads what I'm reading in short bursts as I tap on each article. I use Pandora off and on, but 3G is fine for that too.

The Droid 3 was the logical upgrade for me (I have an OG Droid), but feels too blocky (edges not tapered) and I rarely use my physical keyboard, so I'm holding out for a look at the Bionic, but 4G really means nothing to me - especially in my service area (we don't have it anyway).

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel this might be appropriate, at least to add some humor to the thread... ;)

[video=youtube;8r1CZTLk-Gk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk]‪Everythings Amazing & Nobodys Happy‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

das2042

Reaction score
I think what a lot of people are forgetting is even when these specs were rumored most of us here in these threads were left wanting more. Then with delay after delay we all felt there had to be more, cause why the delay? As for the camera I really don't care, I have two Nikons that take very good pictures. The screen; however, is where I draw the line. You d3 lovers out there should love the screen, most of the reviews say its gorgeous. When you take the same resolution and put it in a bigger screen what do you think happens?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol this was great jntdroid. Loved when the internet went out on the plane and the guy beside him said "this is bullsh**" I could completely see someone saying that.

As for being disappointed with the Bionic, I guess it's most likely that they said this, not us, they said they were delaying the Bionic to improve the device and so far from what we know is they didn't improve the device. I think that's what bothers most people. If you say you're going to improve the device, put a new screen in, put a new camera in, put your newest processor in, then you can delay it for 4-5 months and people will be more than willing and even be excited. But I can't be excited for a phone with specs from 7 months ago, just can't do it.

Last edited:

faganm24

Reaction score
lol this was great jntdroid. Loved when the internet went out on the plane and the guy beside him said "this is bullsh**" I could completely see someone saying that.

As for being disappointed with the Bionic, I guess it's most likely that they said this, not us, they said they were delaying the Bionic to improve the device and so far from what we know is they didn't improve the device. I think that's what bothers most people. If you say you're going to improve the device, put a new screen in, put a new camera in, put your newest processor in, then you can delay it for 4-5 months and people will be more than willing and even be excited. But I can't be excited for a phone with specs from 7 months ago, just can't do it.

This is not completely true. The phone received an upgrade to include webtop (not necessarily an upgrade for most people), which upgraded RAM to 1GB (Doubled the Ram). Camera upgraded to 1080p (Again, not necessarily a feature many people will utilize because it is still miles away from a camcorder). The processor was upgraded to TI OMAP (The whole reason for the change, because of problems with Tegra 2, I know rumor). This happens to be the newest processor available as far as I can tell. I can't think of anything else that was upgraded besides the entire form factor (Etna to Targa).

You have to remember that this is literally a completely different phone. They killed the Etna and tried to bump up the Targa and just transferred the name. I wonder if the Etna had come out earlier and now the Targa was coming out if it would be bashed as much as the Bionic is right now. It would only be a minor upgrade from the Etna.

Status
Not open for further replies.