Are you considering the Motorola Shadow?

Discussion in 'Droid Polls' started by danDroid, May 29, 2010.

1. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    ^Me either. HTC has done some stuff recently to make me wonder what they're thinking over there, especially about the processors they put in the Inc and the EVO 4G. America's first 4G phone deserved a better processor.

Even tho I'm not really sold on the Snapdragon too, HTC coulda chose a better Snapdragon for the EVO 4G.

2. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    lol, srry I was trying to respond to this:

3. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +211
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    Whatevers around in Dec 2011 lol ;) Who knows, may just want to keep my droid..

4. UggTheThug

UggTheThug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not for me, im stickin with the good ole droid until 4g rolls around

5. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    +1 on the 4G hopefully on the Droid Pro

6. Googleaddict

Googleaddict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol its funny how the incredible is already getting old...

If verizon had a promotion where original droid users could upgrade to the shadow, i would definatly upgrade. Since my upgrade is up in January, i'll have to wait :)

7. Bxrider117

Bxrider117 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Moto Droid upgrade is not until 7/2011. I have 2 other lines that can upgrade this year, August and November. I really love my Droid. If the newer phones do not offer much along the lines of what the EVO is offering thne i will wait til next year. Verizon and LTE is going to be remarkable and I am sure the phones then will be as stellar.

If the Droid gets Froyo before then, I may wait even longer.

8. bhall238

bhall238 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I argee with 1) and about 2) even if/when the iPhone comes to Verizon, I will not be getting it. A minor issue for many I am sure, but something about the fact that there is no removable memory and that you can't even change your own battery bothers me.

I voted maybe because by the time I am ready for an upgrade something new will probably be out. I believe I will be made even more happy that I am now when 2.2 is released, so I won't upgrade early.

9. countryboy498

countryboy498 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My personal yet humble opinion. They are coming out with too many phones too fast. A lot of people wont like the idea of buying a phone and a month later it is the "old" model. They need to get a handle on this I am afraid or this craze wont last long. I love my Moto Droid but it seems the market seems to be getting saturated with Android phones. As soon as one comes out, its the "old" phone because the next best one is already being talked about.

10. Kmart95

Kmart95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im going to just stick around with the droid until my contract ends in december 2011. I'll probably be getting whatever the top of the line android phone on verizon is at the time.

11. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    The thing is, everybody's contract is not on the same time frame. And I understand ppl that buy phones at retail feeling a lil hurt. Thats why u gotta do your research. These phones were somewhat under the radar at Android forums (which I will keep repeating is kinda messed up), but at general technology and cellphone forums? They been talking about these phones since Jan, huge threads....probably since last year too. They were rumors, but still. I had just learned about the Shadow when the Inc. came out. And ppl still have 30 days to return the phone if they are feeling buyers remorse, June just got here. Me? I got my Droid in Apr, so I'm stuck or gotta pay retail....

But for someone in the market for a new phone in the next few months, its Christmas time: The Droid (which is getting older by the day, but is the cheapest option) The Inc., The Shadow, The Droid 2, The LG Ally, did I miss a phone, lol Verizon is loving this.

And remember, the main thing is: choice. U can choose whatever phone fits u best. If u prefer HTC phones, get the Inc. Prefer Motorola, get the Droid, Shadow, Droid 2. Prefer LG, get the Ally. Want a particular style, just pick n choose. If u are into the specs....thats where the choice becomes a lil harder.....:biggrin:

12. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The mobile market, particularly the smartphone market, is going through a renaissance so to speak. With the rapid development of more powerful SoCs every few months and shrinking die sizes think of it as the whole Intel/AMD processor race a few years back. It will eventually settle down but will probably take a good 2 to 3 years to do so. In that time frame you will see a near exponential growth in the processing power of these phones EVERY YEAR. Don't be surprised that by the end of this you will be using your phone as your everyday phone, computer, PMP and even possibly a media center in conjunction with Google TV, Apple TV, etc...

Grand things are coming and this is just the first lap of what is guaranteed to be one wild ride!