Are you considering the Motorola Shadow?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna leave my options open for now, definitely going to wait for more info on droid 2 and droid pro.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I got the Moto Droid and for the first time I am still madly in love with my phone. I will probably wait until my contract is up, July 2011. I think I got a year left of love on this phone. Ive never had a phone for more then 6 months before but as we all know the Droid isnt like any other phone

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I got the Moto Droid and for the first time I am still madly in love with my phone. I will probably wait until my contract is up, July 2011. I think I got a year left of love on this phone. Ive never had a phone for more then 6 months before but as we all know the Droid isnt like any other phone

The droid is indeed a great phone. I also will wait until my upgrade in march of next year. Im waiting for a phone with a 4" screen or bigger, Sense ui, android 3.0, hdmi,4g, and a dual core snapdragon processor (or whatever is out by then,) That will be my next phone. Until then, droid 1 all the way!

homeboy123

Reaction score
IDK... It's gon be between one of the two most likely... I kinda like the bigger screen on the Shadow, but I'm loving my Droid 1 so who knows what goodies await us on the D2... better keyboard is a definite plus... only thing is I use Swype without fail... So I don't "necessarily" know that I need a keyboard but having one has proved useful at times... so we'll see... I haven't heard good things of motoblur so that's not a selling point for me. Can't wait tho!!!

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I want to hang out until the lte network is more present before I get a phone. I also want to wait and see once these phones go live if they will be rootable

But I too, am holding out.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Oh yea good point, my phones from this point forward MUST be able to root IMO, or I might stick to the Moto Droid for many years to come. lol.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that if rooting is a priority wouldn't HTC's phone be better since they have such a huge rooting community?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I'm thinking that if rooting is a priority wouldn't HTC's phone be better since they have such a huge rooting community?

Is the droid community poop now? Just kidding.

The droid has such a special place in my heart it's the only phone I've had for more than six months, I'm sure moto and vzw will work out one that is on the lte network... That's my hope anyways. Then I get the best of all world.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Is the droid community poop now? Just kidding.

The droid has such a special place in my heart it's the only phone I've had for more than six months, I'm sure moto and vzw will work out one that is on the lte network... That's my hope anyways. Then I get the best of all world.
Lol that's not what I meant lol. I love my Droid, don't know if I'll ever own a HTC device but I am a little ,curious towhat's its like lol. You have to admit though xda is a pretty big community lol.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Have they finally decided to start calling this the droid2.0? I've heard sites say it def is and def isn't... not sure what to believe. But if anyone has seen the benchmark thread on howardforums showing the shadow you have to wonder if it was on 2.1 or 2.2.

considering it was just under a 2.2 nexus with it's massive speed increase with the update it really makes you kinda get excited to hope that it was running 2.1 and to see what that beast will do on 2.2, especially if it gets modded and overclocked at all.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score

It's doesn't have priority over a better phone coupled with the best network, the Droid is better than the HTC units I've seen.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ekk can't edit lol, also what has me a little worried is the news of Motorola locking their bootloader (or whatever its called) as far as I know I don't think milestone owners can flash Roms yet (not sure though) and future devices might be in the same situation. So I dunno lol.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Ekk can't edit lol, also what has me a little worried is the news of Motorola locking their bootloader (or whatever its called) as far as I know I don't think milestone owners can flash Roms yet (not sure though) and future devices might be in the same situation. So I dunno lol.

This worried me too, but I guess we have to wait and see what happens.

Xda is huge but I'm still not sold on htc.