Are there any apps out there that can restore my phones auto rotate feature,

pool_shark

Reaction score
I installed Launcher Pro, it turns the home screen to landscape.

ihf

Reaction score
I can confirm that my Droid 2 used to rotate the home screen without pulling out the keyboard and sometime in the last few days it stopped. (It still autorotates apps with or without the keyboard being out and it rotates the home screen if the keyboard is out). Verizon should fix this and permit the home screen to autorotate with the keyboard in.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
It's not a malfunction, don't go replace your phone for that. My Droid never auto rotated with the default home launcher like someone said in an earlier post just get launcher pro

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

wkearney99

Reaction score
I can confirm that my Droid 2 used to rotate the home screen without pulling out the keyboard...
I agree with you, and I asked the same thing a few weeks ago. I coulda sworn the home screen would rotate without extending the keyboard. Had it not I would've asked why it didn't rotate when I got the phone (day 1 they shipped). So, WTF?

nonamedude

Reaction score
I have to agree with OP since I got my phone yesterday and it would rotate the homescreen without the keyboard out however it no longer does. I think mine may be buggy though because sometimes when holding the phone in portrait and opening or closing an app it will rotate to landscape but upside down from the keyboard. The apps and homescreen will do this. Its kinda annoying.

Edit: Not trying to argue or anything as I could be mistaken but I dont think that I am seeing how sometimes my home screen still goes landscape but upside down after closing an app.

dast

Reaction score
I see the same behavior on my D2.

The home stopped rotating except when the keyboard is out.
Apps rotate fine.

I suspect there is some app I have installed that is causing the issue.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Apps rotate fine.

For crying out loud people the home screen does not rotate!!!! It's not an app causing a problem, it's the way the phone is built.

Bah, I give up. Believe what you want, straight up if you think your D2 home screen ever rotated without having the keyboard pulled out you are just wrong.

dast

Reaction score
For crying out loud people the home screen does not rotate!!!! It's not an app causing a problem, it's the way the phone is built.

Bah, I give up. Believe what you want, straight up if you think your D2 home screen ever rotated without having the keyboard pulled out you are just wrong.

Dude, I'm not trying to be a jerk here, and I don't think that the masses of people out there that also saw the same thing I did are trying to be jerks either.

My D2 absolutely, positively, DID ROTATE the home screen without opening the keyboard. It drove me nuts at first but then I got used to it and now I wouldn't mind having the feature back.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Launcher pro will put your home screen in landscape. I think ADW launcher will also.

nonamedude

Reaction score

lol the more I play with it the more I see I was wrong. It doesnt rotate. I guess it just seems like it should when i have it in landscape and close an app. It just makes more sense to me....But the home screen doesnt rotate.

OP
C

chrisbooth12

Reaction score

Apps rotate fine.

My best just quadrupled to $200 dollars. Do you wanna beat? I have no problem flashing my phone recording it rotating going into the About screen and show you my rom and version number. This was a feature that was TAKEN OUT by and OTA update this has been confirmed by verizon, so lets bet. Actually lets make it 400

pool_shark

Reaction score

Apps rotate fine.

My best just quadrupled to $200 dollars. Do you wanna beat? I have no problem flashing my phone recording it rotating going into the About screen and show you my rom and version number. This was a feature that was TAKEN OUT by and OTA update this has been confirmed by verizon, so lets bet. Actually lets make it 400

Confirmed by Verizon that an OTA removed the feature?
Could you post that confirmation?
Mine never did it without the keyboard out, neither before the update nor after.

CellZealot

Reaction score
Well, on my D2 dev phone running 2.3.15 deodexed with Launcher2, the home screen rotates 270 degrees. The stock launcher in 2.3.15 does NOT auto rotate the homescreen. Is this possibly the source of the confusion here?

Pool Playen Bob

Reaction score
for the record. mine did auto rotate when i first had it for a good 3 days while it was on the home screen. then while i was playing with backgrounds, downloading files off the net it just randomly stopped. thought it was something i did but it wasn't

so now the phone wont auto rotate unless your in an app. will only go in landscape mode if the key bored is out on the home screens.

so just fyi. they did rotate. and they don't now. get and app if it bugs ya that much. or just simply quit crying about it.

Catgal

Reaction score
I know this topic has been played out, but this just happened to me TODAY, November 2, 2010. Home screens would rotate without keyboard extended, now... nada. I don't like Launcher Pro. I have my screens all set up the way I want them. Could it have been an app update, or something I uninstalled? Today I uninstalled Task Killer and dowloaded Watchdog. The auto rotate function stopped working immediately after that.