Are there any apps out there that can restore my phones auto rotate feature,

Snipe315

Reaction score
The Droid 2 Does Not Rotate with the Keyboard Closed

First let me say hello.

I joined to set the record straight.
The Droid 2 Home screens DO NOT rotate when the keyboard is closed.

I just got a brand new Droid 2 less than a week ago. It is still in stock form other than application additions and some settings customization. It is not Rooted (and probably never will be) nor is it running any custom ROMs.

It didn't rotate the screen when I first powered it on less than a week ago and it is still that way today.

BTW, I work for Verizon and have handled just about every Android phone we have (including several models not released yet).

:icon_ banana:

pool_shark

Reaction score
First let me say hello.

I joined to set the record straight.
The Droid 2 Home screens DO NOT rotate when the keyboard is closed.

I just got a brand new Droid 2 less than a week ago. It is still in stock form other than application additions and some settings customization. It is not Rooted (and probably never will be) nor is it running any custom ROMs.

It didn't rotate the screen when I first powered it on less than a week ago and it is still that way today.

BTW, I work for Verizon and have handled just about every Android phone we have (including several models not released yet).

:icon_ banana:

Unfortunately you didn't set anything straight. There are people who say there D2 did rotate with the keyboard closed, and since neither I nor anyone else saw those devices, we are in no position to say it isn't true.

Catgal

Reaction score
Thanks Pool_Shark. I haven't seen anyones phone that didn't rotate, so I am also in no position to say it did or didn't.

But, let me ask you all this, if home screens never rotated, why does this thread exist? Both here and on other forums. Do Droid 2 users suddenly go insane one day, insisting their screens used to rotate? :)