Are most using your Razrs naked?

Agrajag

Reaction score
I picked up the Otterbox with the screen protector and just love it. I have too big a habit of putting my phone in the same pocket with keys and my original Droid would have been toast without the screen protector. Plus this phone is so thin and light that the cover barely impacts it. I love the look of it.

FYI, I despised the anti-glare screen protectors. The entire screen looks sparkly using them. The screen protector that came with the Otterbox is fantastic. I also like the one I had on my Droid from PhantomSkinz.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Naked...with gorilla glass you shouldn't need a screen protector...or at least their demo's would suggest that.

Stevessvt

Reaction score
Gorilla glass is pretty much hype. Theres a vid of a drop test between the RAZR and IP4S, both phones shattered their glass.

Thach

Reaction score
They put a anti-glare on my screen when I got the phone but I think I will be taking it off soon for the same reason that others have already stated, this thing just looks distorted and glittery with it on there. I had a Zagg on my OG and would think about getting one for my RAZR too. It didn't really distort any of the picture at all that I could notice.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Gorilla glass is pretty much hype. Theres a vid of a drop test between the RAZR and IP4S, both phones shattered their glass.
I wasn't talking about dropping the phone...yeah you need some kind of protection for that. I was pretty much referring to the need for a screen protector to resist scratches etc. I thought was the OP's question.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Another Otterbox Commuter installed here. I love the design, and I know it is tough, but it is only a matter of time till a phone goes skittering across the driveway or garage floor, so I would rather trash a $35 case than have my phone all scratch up.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Although looking at scratch test vids it does look impressive.

For just carrying in your pocket, sure, I would expect it to hold up well. But not a drop onto concrete. That will either break the glass or dent and gouge the hell out of the corner of the phone with ease... So I slapped a case on it, too much money invested to risk it. I was able to sell my DX for $150 because I kept it in pristine condition.

loonie01

Reaction score
No screen protector here but I do have the shell combo holster from Verizon and it is niiiiice. I had to modifly the car dock a little. If you take the extra plastic piece off of it and put the phone in, the dock seems a tad bit too big. Maybe just a couple of mm's. So i cut up some small strips of velcro (the soft side) and placed it on the opposite end of the charging port. It worked well.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I went with the Ottorbox Commuter from Verizon as well, no screen protector though don't like the fuzzy effect and the way the screen feels with it on. Might try and get one of the Steinheil crystal ones if they make it for the Razr, had that on my DX and couldn't even tell it was on.

dustinslee

Reaction score
I got a nice screen protector from Verizon it crystal clear and covers the hole screen .... make sure you DON'T get anti-glare they are horrible!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

lobo13

Reaction score
I bought some screen protectors but, I may just return it. It sounds like it makes the image fuzzy which I don't like at all.