Those without screen protectors on their D3, any scratches?

My naked Droid 3 has scratches on the screen

• True

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • False

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GilmourD3

Reaction score
I just got myself a Droid 3 and I'm wondering if it's even worth it getting a screen protector. I had one on my OG Droid (the Verizon branded one) and it was alright, but my brother ran without one on his OG Droid and didn't get one scratch.

So, am I stupid for thinking I could go naked or will the power of the Gorilla protect the glass?

Reaction score
I personally run around without a screen protector or case. I don't have any issues and have only dropped my phone on rare instances. But as far as getting scratches from rubbing on other things, I've yet to get any scratches even with the phone packed with my gear(US Army). I've been hearing stories of the anti-glare layer scratching and not the glass though... for the most part it's general consensus that gorilla glass phones don't particularly need much outside help. Though I suppose the anti-glare layer could use some protection.

-Saik0

pistacio

Reaction score
Mine is clean after a few months. My GF'S phone has not fared so well, my guess is her earring did it with the " phone- shoulder" holding method.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

OP
GilmourD3

GilmourD3

Reaction score
So far we're 1:1 on the vote... Anybody else?

xjeff99

Reaction score
I have multiple scratches on my d3 screen, and it happened on 2 occasions when it wasn't in my belt holster - both times when I putit in my softball bag for an hour during the game (it stayed, unmoving, in a bag, and it got scratched).

It's annoying as one of the scratches is deep enough that if you run your nail along it you can feel it. Gorilla glass my ***.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Mine is perfectly fine since release day. No screen protector, almost always in a pocket all by itself.

skolar

Reaction score
I try to mind where I put my phone, it is almost in my pocket all by itself, although I sometimes accidentally put it into a pocket full of keys, coins, it comes out just fine. I wouldn't go around _trying_ to scratch it, but it is scratchproof enough.

mikedyk43

Reaction score
I didn't have one for a few weeks since I carry my phone in my front pocket with nothing else in it. I started noticing little scratches on the screen, I had no idea that my denim was that abrasive! I can tell you that the screen on this phone is far more scratch prone than the OG Droid, my OG went the better part of two years naked and scratch free. This phone only made it a few weeks.

joshhh

Reaction score
The gorilla glass is holding up awesome! The anti glare coating... not so much...

Sent from my DROID3

nikolio

Reaction score
My droid is naked. Lol I can't believe that its not scratched yet. Im pretty rough on my phones.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

xe Nismo 06

Reaction score
I've got the verizon screen protector on mine, that covers the main area of the screen but not the softkeys at the bottom. Noticed a few scratches on the protector (some are kinda deep) but none on the gorilla itself.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

droidreajoh

Reaction score
Dropped my D3 face down onto large bluestone gravel from about 4 ft. Smashed the glass. Sent it to Motorola $122 to fix it. Might be going with otter box instead of nothing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
No scratches on screen since July (knock on wood). I do not baby it either. Gets thrown in my purse, has been dropped a few times in the driveway and my 4yr old son plays with it all the time.
I do however have a small scratch on the flash of the camera.