No screen protector

pbickel

Reaction score
I had to get a replacement RAZR today i know they're suppose to have gorilla glass and all but I'm wondering how many people are going without one and how strong is the glass. I don't want to buy another pack of protectors

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Zandar

Reaction score
Naked screen, here. It's always more fun to roll unprotected. :icon_ devil:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I had to get a replacement RAZR today i know they're suppose to have gorilla glass and all but I'm wondering how many people are going without one and how strong is the glass. I don't want to buy another pack of protectors

It depends on how you carry your phone. If you put the phone in your pocket then it will get scratches gorilla glass or not. If you have a pouch or some sort of case then you can probably get away without using a screen protector if you're careful. Gorilla glass is not shatter proof, scratch proof or user proof, just more resistant to the same.

OP
pbickel

pbickel

Reaction score
I carry it in my pocket but it's the only thing that goes in that pocket nothing else

Zandar

Reaction score
I've carried my OG Droid, my Dell streak 7 (back pocket), and now my RAZR in my pocket with my keys. I don't let the keys on the screen side. No scratches to any of my screens so far with years of cumulative use. Some of us might just be a little more careful than others (now I'm going to jinx it).

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I've carried my OG Droid, my Dell streak 7 (back pocket), and now my RAZR in my pocket with my keys. I don't let the keys on the screen side. No scratches to any of my screens so far with years of cumulative use. Some of us might just be a little more careful than others (now I'm going to jinx it).
I envy you. If I tried to do that, with my luck, I wouldn't be able to read anything from my display in about a week...mind would look like it had been through a sand blaster.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

this question is often asked . general answer is user .. i dont use them on any phone my wife does .. her thinking is i rather have it and not need it than to have a scratch and say man i wish i had one..

Zandar

Reaction score
I envy you. If I tried to do that, with my luck, I wouldn't be able to read anything from my display in about a week...mind would look like it had been through a sand blaster.
Of course, my wife's OG Droid looked like it had been through a war and she's also managed to scratch the screen on her Galaxy Tab (it had only been out of the Otterbox for a week!).

rynoman03

Reaction score
I noticed that the Verizon screen protectors make our screens look very grainy. I took mine off. X2 with carrying it in your pocket with nothing else in that pocket.

RockmanSolo

Reaction score
I used a screen protector for maybe the first week I had my dx2. Once I learned what exactly gorilla glass was I did away with it and haven't had a protector since. While gorilla glass isn't indestructable it sure is tough.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I've always been a naked type... I am fidgety type person. I peel the labels off anything I can get my lil fingers on!! Me and a screen protector would not work very well.

I peeled the stickers off the monitor in my doctors office... I'm tellin ya its a sickness!!

BillyT

Reaction score
I went ahead and got a ZAGG Invisisheild for my MAXX. I carry my phone in my front pocket and felt like I took good care of my phone that way, but after careful examination (of my X2) I did see very fine scratches. Didn't want to do that to this phone seeing how much I paid for it. Also got the silicone case from the VZW store. I like it as well. Easy to remove for when I use the phone in the car holder (though it will work with the case on, it's just a bit of a struggle).

thegreatone3

Reaction score
I've been very happy with the SGP screen protectors on my Razr. I'm kind of O.C., so I like to run sanitizing wipes over my screen frequently. Since they're alcohol based, doing this on a naked screen isn't a good idea.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

johnolenardo

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've actually noticed that the device's screen is somewhat susceptible to scratches. I've just purchased a screen protector from Amazon called armorsuit a couple of days ago. It's been thus far extremely solid with self-healing capabilities. I personally like the added protection but has anyone else tried this or another protector? I value my device too much for even a few scratches.