apps won't install on stock 2.2 droid

Woodard2589

Reaction score
I'm having problems getting some apps to install. i thought they were doing it because i only have 40mb left and there fairly large, angry birds and google sky. So i moved some apps to the sd card and removed others, so that now i have 80mb free and they still won't install. I even downloaded angry birds right from their site and it still won't install. I can download other even bigger apps like asphalt hd and it'll install just fine. This is a stock droid with 2.2, what's going on?

Last edited:
OP
W

Woodard2589

Reaction score
I've tried downloading both ways. It just says installation unsuccessful

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
try this...

goto... settings > applications > manage applications > All > then scroll down select market and choose clear data. reboot then open market see if that helps.

you wont loose any data doing this but you may have to enter your google login and password when you open the market the 1st time.

OP
W

Woodard2589

Reaction score
any other suggestions? even got a replacement droid for a screen problem and i still cant install them

nikmark

Reaction score
try this...

goto... settings > applications > manage applications > All > then scroll down select market and choose clear data. reboot then open market see if that helps.

you wont loose any data doing this but you may have to enter your google login and password when you open the market the 1st time.

This worked for me....thanks!

OP
W

Woodard2589

Reaction score
I was able to fix it by unmounting the sd card. But since I didn't want to unmount it every time I had a problem I decided to move all apps from my sd card back to the phone. Then deleted the folder that stores the apps on the card as well as some other junk from old apps. Now it works perfect again. Haven't moved any apps back to the card but I think the problem was from having apps to sd on several different roms back when the phone was rooted.