Error 18

Chydukovich

Reaction score
I continue to get an error on the android market when downloading apps such as angry birds. I get this "unknown error 18" after the download of an app and then it doesn't install. I am now running stock after the latest update and I haven't had to time to re root my droid. Does anyone know what this error is?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I do not know what that particular error references. Are you able to download any apps?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was reading on a Cyanogen board and encountered a thread about this error code. Here's the solution they came up with:

(credit ch33kybutt)http://forum.samdroid.net/members/ch33kybutt/

So whenever you run into the "Unknown Error -18" issue, here's the simple workaround ...

1. 'Settings'
  2. 'SD Card & phone storage'
  3. 'Unmount SD card'
  4. Install app (from Market or adb push install)
  5. go back to settings and 'Mount SD card'
Let us know if it works and good luck.

OP
C

Chydukovich

Reaction score
worked well! Thanks! now i wonder why it is doing that...

Godfrey_54

Reaction score
yes, that worked

Bayou... had the same problem on my Motorola and it worked fine... did it for several other install hampered apps and it fixed them all. Thanks for the post. ~Jeffrey

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
if you delete the .android_secure folder off the SD card that will fix it all together and you wont have 2go2 the unmount everytime.....1 drawback is you might have to reinstall some apps i had to reinstall about 15 but now it downloads all the apps just fine

Gareee

Reaction score
Tilly, this was a solution to an issue I've had for 3 months now! Where did you get the solution from?

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
I found it on the xda forum awhile back bc I was having the same issue forever and it got to where I couldn't download anything from the market

Gareee

Reaction score
Thanks for echoing it here. I had that issue for ages, and it was driving me nuts. No one else seemed to have heard of the issue, or a solution.

FWIW, my issue was onbly being able to install smaller apps.. larger ones would download and fail installation.

This fix cleared up my issues 100%! MANY deep thanks!

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Anytime man yea i had the problem and posted it here as well with no luck so searched around for about 3 days and finally found it on xda....glad it got you fixed up just hit me up if u need anything else