Problem with restoring apps...

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
I have a rooted D1, I went to flash a new ROM last night and when I went to the market, it won't allow anything to install. Only apps I have under "My Downloads" will download, but then just sit on "Installing..." I also have tried to restore with TiBu and it won't restore anything. Please help! :icon_evil::angry:

OP
bigjonmoo73

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
It's not the ROM. I've tried 3-4 different ones and they all have the same result... =(

OP
bigjonmoo73

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
No, that can't be it. Everything was working fine, then I decided to flash a new ROM and it started doing this crap. But, I've flashed 3-4 different ROMs to see if that was the problem and that's not it either.

LT*

Reaction score
I have a rooted D1, I went to flash a new ROM last night and when I went to the market, it won't allow anything to install. Only apps I have under "My Downloads" will download, but then just sit on "Installing..." I also have tried to restore with TiBu and it won't restore anything. Please help! :icon_evil::angry:

Check the .Android_secure folder on your SD card. You'll need to hook it up to a pc to do this as you can't view the files in that folder on the phone even with Root Explorer. This is where apps on your SD are stored. If there are doubles of some apps on there, delete the copies and try installing again. I ran into this while flashing a ROM, and it continued even after changing ROMs.

OP
bigjonmoo73

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score

Check the .Android_secure folder on your SD card. You'll need to hook it up to a pc to do this as you can't view the files in that folder on the phone even with Root Explorer. This is where apps on your SD are stored. If there are doubles of some apps on there, delete the copies and try installing again. I ran into this while flashing a ROM, and it continued even after changing ROMs.

I'm looking through this folder and I see a lot of apps with a "-1" or "-2" at the end of them, would that be considered a duplicate?

LT*

Reaction score

I'm looking through this folder and I see a lot of apps with a "-1" or "-2" at the end of them, would that be considered a duplicate?

I know I answer this in PMs, but in case it will help others...

Yes, the "-2" apks should be removed. Doing this cleared up my issues.

good luck