apps on XP

timlab1955

Reaction score
I will be getting my droid x in December (I hope). Between now and then I would like to start putting a list together of which apps I would like to have. In addition to this, is there anyway of running these apps on my computer running XP?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
check out appbrain.com - pretty sure you can make a list of apps you wanna get

harrellj

Reaction score
And to play with them on a computer, there's an emulator out for android. Lifehacker had a post about it a few months ago.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
T

timlab1955

Reaction score
Wow, driod has EVERYTHING that I want. But I just found out here's the funny part for the reason why I can move over to Verizon. I'm currently with Tmobile and for their lastest phone (like the driod x), my upgrade will be $350.00 (LOL). No way am I paying that much for a phone that doesn't do 1/2 of the things that droid does. Getting back to this post, I will try this next week. Thanks for the info guys.

jacobrv

Reaction score
And to play with them on a computer, there's an emulator out for android. Lifehacker had a post about it a few months ago.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The android emulator is a part of the android development kit that google publishes so that you can test the apps you are making without having an actual android phone. However, unless you have a really nice computer, it is really really slow. Also, it doesn't have the market on it, so you can't download apps. You have to side-load them. It is possible to get the market working on the emulator, but it requires some work. In my opinion, the emulator is worthless even for development. Using real hardware is way easier.