Wired tether will not connect to Win XP computer

fucco

Reaction score
My rooted bionic will connect to my pc. The drivers are installed and I can see the sd card. However when i activated wired tether app it will run but the app will not connect to the computer. The app does not tell me it is connected to the computer like my orignal droid did. Therefore i can not get online. The computer is running windows xp. I had the orignal droid and used this computer with this app with no problems. I also have pdanet and this works fine on this computer. I would rather just use the wired tether app because it is quicker.

nathan66669

Reaction score
Similar issue Droid charge

I got my charge yesterday (I know this is a binoic forum). I had been using a droid 1 with both wired and wireless tether. I found on Win 7 I needed nothing to make it work (win 7 has the NDIS driver required by wired tether) however on Win XP I needed to install microsoft active sync (used to connect a windows phone, which has the required driver for a droid)

Now onto my charge. I rooted with Odin, which required a windows driver. Problem is when I turn wired tether on, it seems to be missing the driver and the hardware is called "SAMSUNG_Android"...I am thinking the issue is similar to the bionic issue maybe?

So far it seems wireless tether works just fine, but I have several PCs that do not have wireless cards in them (nor can I install them)

Do these newer 4G phones need a different NDIS driver? Anyone had any luck getting wired to work? I will try later with a win 7 PC and report, but win XP is what I need

nathan66669

Reaction score
so I finally found the driver needed, installed samsung Kies and it had it, however, the PC won't pull an IP address, no idea why

OP
F

fucco

Reaction score
so I finally found the driver needed, installed samsung Kies and it had it, however, the PC won't pull an IP address, no idea why

the bionic will not allow you to use the "wired tether" or "wirless tether" apk that we all used on the original droid and other phones. Motorola blocked it from picking up a ip address. It is a known issue on the forums. No one figured out how to get it working in 3 months. I just use pdanet to wire tether