Anyone unroot on XP?

fishacura

Reaction score
I used Pete's one-click root on my Windows XP machine and it didn't work so I used the XP version. The problem is, the XP version doesn't have an unroot option.

Anyone run into this and did you:

1. Try the non-xp versions unroot
or
2. Unroot on another machine running another version of windows

Curious to see if you were able to unroot...

Wishbone

Reaction score
I've used xp to to root and unroot my og d3 and bionic. All you neet to do is use rsdlite and sbf with .890 from ap fast boot

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Curious to see if you were able to unroot...

Do you have the latest version? I'd have to double check when I get home, but the version I used had the Unroot button. (I'm on XP.)

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
@wishbone, it's not that XP is an issue in and of itself. It's the one-click tool that is written for people running XP who have problems with the full version.....it doesn't have an unclick button.

Would love to do whatever you are saying but I don't really understand it. Thanks anyway!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Version should be 1.06 I believe.

And are you sure you aren't confusing the XP with the Droid X issue?

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
If you take a look at Pete's one click site, there is a one-click tool. But beneath it he says "if you have problems running this on windows XP" (which I do) "use this other tool. What I am saying is that "this other tool" from his site is a root tool with no unroot option. I actually wrote to him and he gave me something to try with it but what I was wondering is if anyone tried rooting using the "XP tool" that i used, and then unrooted using the main tool...Hope that makes a bit more sense...

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you take a look at Pete's one click site, there is a one-click tool. But beneath it he says "if you have problems running this on windows XP" (which I do) "use this other tool. What I am saying is that "this other tool" from his site is a root tool with no unroot option. I actually wrote to him and he gave me something to try with it but what I was wondering is if anyone tried rooting using the "XP tool" that i used, and then unrooted using the main tool...Hope that makes a bit more sense...

Gotcha. No, the one on top (the Win7 ver) worked fine on my XP Professional PC. Haven't needed the "XP specific" one. Sorry for the confusion.