Apps disappearing

MzKeishaBaby

Reaction score
I have the DROID 3 and my apps keep uninstalling for some reason, is anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problems here.. is your phone new? If so, just try doing a factory reset.

bronco221

Reaction score
Yes! I seem to have this problem quite a bit. I have done factory resets, but has not seemed to make a difference. Happens to me a lot with QR Droid and Opera Mini, but other apps have done it as well.

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
I have been having this problem too recently. Its uninstalled Skyfire, Friendcaster, a GoSMS theme, and AngryBirds all on its own.. Now, it uninstalled angry birds before I had root to back it up w/ Titanium. Think about how far I was and frustrating that is.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Sometimes it'll say its not installed, yet when you look in the market, it'll say installed. Often times reboot and the app will be back.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
M

MzKeishaBaby

Reaction score
I have had the phone for about 3weeks now, I did a reset last night and this morning I noticed one of my icons turned blue I went to my manage app setting and saw the the app was there but it turned grey so when I tried to move it off sd card back to phone it stated app dosent exist. I have had this happen about 3 or four more times before this. I also noticed on my other phone that it happens also so maybe it has something to do with the new market. Idk!

somemadcaaant

Reaction score
Never experienced or heard of this issue on any phone, id say this falls under human error lol

Tip - Read the forums to use your devices correctly, don't drunk dial and never lend your devices to kids.

-smc

OP
M

MzKeishaBaby

Reaction score
Actually it has happened on other droid phones before

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with human error. It's indeed a hardware error. But darkmatter is right, just reboot it and all the apps come back.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I actually had this happen yesterday. I didnt realize it untill I was looking at my timeline on appbrain and saw the HUGE list of apps that were uninstalled. I went and tried a couple of the apps and it said they were not installed. I unhooked my phone, sent a friend a txt, went back to check out the apps again and they were all back.

(It just did it again as I was typing this...same list of apps.)

:EDIT:
I just figured out that it seems to only do this when I have it hooked up on a charger. It seems very strange that the apps would show up as uninstalled in appbrain though.

Last edited:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
When you are hooked to a charger is this USB to a computer or to a wall outlet? If hooked to the PC, it probably has to do with the way you've configured USB connections. Any app moved to "media" (sdcard) will be unavailable to the system if you are mounting the sdcard to the PC. Try setting your USB setting to "charge only" on the phone and then seeing if your apps disappear or not.

Anything moved to sdcard (media) will not show up as installed if the sdcard is not mounted to the phone.

browsing

Reaction score
Same issue on Thunderbolt. Resolved.

I had the same issue today on my Thunderbolt. The Angry birds apps and a few other apps went missing. I reinstalled a couple of them before coming to this thread. Yes, I had the phone connected to PC when I had the issue, but disconnecting did not help. Then, I shut down my phone and the apps were back after booting up. Hope this helps someone.

REMilk

Reaction score
I had this same problem with my OG Droid. It usually occurred when connected to the USB charger of the Auto Charger. Reboots did not work. I had to restore the O/S back to 2.01, apply all updates, then re-add the apps.

Because of this problem, I upgraded to the Droid 3 rather that waiting until the Bionic came out.

BTW: Both my wife, who upgraded from the LG Envy II, and I are very happy with the Droid 3.

Bob

Good Luck

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I had the same issue today on my Thunderbolt. The Angry birds apps and a few other apps went missing. I reinstalled a couple of them before coming to this thread. Yes, I had the phone connected to PC when I had the issue, but disconnecting did not help. Then, I shut down my phone and the apps were back after booting up. Hope this helps someone.

Correct, disconnecting will not bring them back because the system is already running. The /sdcard has to be mounted to the system during boot for it to see applications moved there.....if you dismount it (like when you mount it to PC) it's gone....and so are the apps on there. Disconnecting from the PC remounts it back to the phone but the system is already up and running....so it doesn't pull the apps back in. If you can force close (or restart) the home launcher they will be back without a reboot. Otherwise.....reboot.

jonamurphy

Reaction score
"When you are hooked to a charger is this USB to a computer or to a wall outlet? If hooked to the PC, it probably has to do with the way you've configured USB connections. Any app moved to "media" (sdcard) will be unavailable to the system if you are mounting the sdcard to the PC. Try setting your USB setting to "charge only" on the phone and then seeing if your apps disappear or not.

Anything moved to sdcard (media) will not show up as installed if the sdcard is not mounted to the phone. "

+1 this. I had the same issue until I stopped moving apps to the external SD card. If I leave all my apps on the internal SD memory, they don't disappear any more.