Apple Media Event 2010

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please tell me this isn't over and there is a iphone for verizon?

There is the macworld expo in february, it might be there. That's how the first iphone was set out wasnt it?

Speculation is that because att agreed to support the ipad that apple will announce the exclusive deal with att and the release of the iphone 4.0.

Oh i don't doubt this for a minute. I'm sure that they are going to sign a deal with them again, esp after that ipad disaster conference. I have a feeling this is going to fail... badly.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
how the heck you release an item like that and have a big blue question mark cube, because you refuse to get flash. Are you freaking kidding me. Ok how bout you go to sites with out flash.....oh almost all sights have flash plug ins now.
Apple is gonna sell them remember u got steve job loyalist who "think flash slows stuff down".

Nickmast

Reaction score
Apple iPad. The newest way to soak up your menstrual flow. Apple really dropped the ball with this one!

OP
unix.punkx

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
iPad - no mutlitasking, Name Fail, no (physical included) keyboard, iPhone OS

This was a major disappointment, cool looking but... I'll stick my with gorgeous aluminum MacBook

Reaction score
ipad....reason y they didnt add the features alot of people wanted is cuz they will probably put it into the next ipad.for example..a camera..there are no webcams on thing i believe..but the next one could..so just look foward to the next model...

sc4fpse

Reaction score
As far as multitasking, they likely purposely crippled it. You know quite well how iPhone users have destroyed AT&T's network with insane data usage. Imagine an oversized iPod like this. Increased screen size = increased productivity when coming from something so small. If this had included multitasking, AT&T would have died... again. They crippled it for the 3G deal.

Big Cam

Reaction score
As far as multitasking, they likely purposely crippled it. You know quite well how iPhone users have destroyed AT&T's network with insane data usage. Imagine an oversized iPod like this. Increased screen size = increased productivity when coming from something so small. If this had included multitasking, AT&T would have died... again. They crippled it for the 3G deal.
Not to mention everything will require a larger file size and their 3G network is already maxed out and serverely underpowered.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;85DM-PrQ0tU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85DM-PrQ0tU[/video]

this is going to be next years verizon commercial with the ipad lol

Daver

Reaction score
IPAD vs. netbook

Sure its a nice device. Apple may get some of my money :)

Probably going to be a tough call for people to ditch their current netbook for this, at least for me. I'll be sticking with my Asus Eee for a while, but I do have to say, these look cool.

Samckaz

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Cool? This pos dosn't even have Flash. All it is, it's a large Iphone.
Steve Jobs is a very stubborn fellow and people will get tired of his bs.

mach330

Reaction score
no built in stand...no flash..no camera...no multitask....really? this is revolutionary? this is coming from an apple user.

Daver

Reaction score
Whoa, No multitask? I missed that.... They need to get a clue.

asmallchild

Reaction score
Whoa, No multitask? I missed that.... They need to get a clue.

No multitask.

No flash (goodbye Hulu)

No voice capabilities.

No SMS.

I'm as big an Apple fanboy as there is but even I find it underwhelming.

I love the idea of AT&T 3G with this device too. It makes it all the more useless in my area.