eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
good price???

come on guys/gals you are getting excited by that false advertising. $499
oh by the way thats not for what we just showed you forget 3g.
a whole 16 gigs of memory, i dont know about anyone else here but i only have 4 gigs left on my 16gb droid card after just putting my mp3's on.
so lets add 200 to get to 64 gigs oh but atleast thats not upgradable.
oh and that 3g thing we praised(att praise-oxymoron isnt it) thats another 130 or so . so to get everything we showed you even with the lousy 64 gigs of memory were at 829. So since everyone was thinking 800-999 if they just anounced it was 829 would anyone be excited about the price , I dont believe so and the keyboard charger is cool but with apples pricing anyone say 99.99. And have they actualy mentioned the resolution(they may have but i havent seen it) I would probably bought an iphone if it wasnt for att 6 years and it just kept getting worse so when my 2 years was up i was bailing and the droid seemed to be the best out there , wish i could have waited a couple months for the newest stuff but you can do that for ever. I think the next iphone i have read about is way cooler than this. Oh it just ended no iphone to verizon announcement funny how many articles i read we know this is happening we have insider info :). 829 no thanks at leat it wont have flash to slow things down :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Possible, who knows, still have to wait and see for that. After seeing they still were with AT&T with this unit, something tells me they will sign another contract with AT&T with iphone.[/QUOTE] (quoting new 2u) i deleted something too much)

I believe you are right apple has probably already signed. Fox biz showing ATT shares shot up and verizon dropped. Yeah but people gonna b pissed when they try to use 3g and it shows "no signal"

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah, yeah ck you were right no verizon iphone

apple caved to atts demands they gets slapped around by att with dell and android, and yet apple crawls back on both knees to att. They are whipped.

They didn't say there WASN'T an iphone for verizon. Remember Macworld (or whatever they call that event) is in February isn't it?

yeah but I believed like everyone else apple was announcing it today. I really doubt a verizon iphone now. Apple is to whipped for that.

Too whipped? They are raping AT&T with their contract by getting money for the device AND the service. Apple went to Verizon with the first iPhone, but their demands were unreasonable. AT&T accepted those same terms, so I would have to say that AT&T is whipped and Apple is just plain smart for pulling off a deal like that.

I'm sure Geohot (the guy known for jailbreaking the iPhone/iPod Touch) will jailbreak this thing fairly quickly. I read something about him hacking the PS3 today, which would also be a first.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
overall feel: disappointing... $499 baseline price sounds great, but really not too useful, $829 price is decent though for the "topend", but no multitasking? no mention of RAM? no mention of graphics chip? geez apple...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Please tell me this isn't over and there is a iphone for verizon?
according to fox biz, its over ATT sticking their neck out for the device and adding a price plan for it so apple stays exclusive.

Its as over as when favre threw that pick in the nfc championship game last week.

jcardona1

Reaction score
yeah the conference is over. no verizon/iphone mentions.

wow, im listening to a broadcast and the lady was complaining that the price is TOO LOW, and that theyre subsidizing for those who cant afford it. that is EXACTLY why i refuse to be part of the elitist snobbish appletard crowd.

no thanks

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah the conference is over. no verizon/iphone mentions.

wow, im listening to a broadcast and the lady was complaining that the price is TOO LOW, and that theyre subsidizing for those who cant afford it. that is EXACTLY why i refuse to be part of the elitist snobbish appletard crowd.

no thanks

I would love to say to that lady "no, they charging so little because of the crappy att 3g network"

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Please tell me this isn't over and there is a iphone for verizon?

There is the macworld expo in february, it might be there. That's how the first iphone was set out wasnt it?

Speculation is that because att agreed to support the ipad that apple will announce the exclusive deal with att and the release of the iphone 4.0.

cuskit

Reaction score
In a Nutshell,

From Macintouch.com:
Wednesday, January 27, 2010 14:39 EST
Apple

At an event today in Cupertino for selected members of the media, Steve Jobs demonstrated Apple's new iPad, a device much like an oversized iPod Touch (larger than a jacket pocket but smaller than a laptop). With a multitouch interface and a virtual keyboard, the iPad is positioned between smartphones and laptops.
Powered by a custom, 1GHz "A4" Apple processor that runs iPhone apps, the iPad is half an inch thick and 1.5 pounds in weight with a 9.7-inch IPS multitouch screen and battery life up to 10 hours. It includes 802.11n WiFi, Bluetooth, speaker, microphone, 30-pin connector, an accelerometer, compass and USB, but no camera.
Apple is releasing a new version today of its iPhone software development kit, adding support for the iPad. A new Apple "app", called iBooks, takes aim at Amazon's Kindle with an Apple iBook Store for purchases, which will use the open ePub format.
Apple is also introducing iWork for the iPad with redesigned user interfaces for Keynote, Pages, and Numbers to match its multitouch mobile platform.
Certain models of the iPad will use unlocked GSM micro SIMs for 3G data service in the U.S. via AT&T. This service is priced at $14.99/mo. for 250 GB of transfers or $29.99 for unlimited data (with free access via AT&T WiFi hotspots, as well), and it can be activated and deactivated at will from the iPad without buying a long-term contract. (International service is planned for mid-year.)
Not yet available for ordering, the iPad will be priced starting at $499 for the most inexpensive model with 16 GB of memory; the first shipments are due in 60 days with non-3G models due the following month. The 3G option adds $130, and additional memory is available at $100 and $200 premiums, so the top model is $829. iWork apps are individually priced at $9.99 each.
[Thanks to gdgt and Gizmodo for live blogging of the event.] cuskit

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So no new iphone. No new 4.0, not coming to Verizon. Thank god everyone can stop talking about that for 3 months until the next event.