Appkiller question

soccer568

Reaction score
I just got this widget and when i click the widget to kill apps it says it killed like 12apps but i dont even have 12 apps running?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah you do. There are apps that run in the background all the time.

savioAMG

Reaction score
If you download an app like Advanced Task Killer (free or paid), you can see exactly what was running in the background.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Yeah you do. There are apps that run in the background all the time.

Which the phone must then restart using up even more of your phone's resources. Do a search for much more info, but task killers should be used sparingly, if at all.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got this widget and when i click the widget to kill apps it says it killed like 12apps but i dont even have 12 apps running?
You want to do some more reading before using your task killer then. You can certainly cause yourself more problems if you don't fully understand what you're doing (which I suspect if you're not fully aware of what's running on your Droid).

Reaction score
I have a task killer but only use it for certain things. I have many apps that are permanently unchecked so the task killer doesn't "kill them." I shut down things like facebook, browser, games, the stock messaging app (I use handcent), and other apps apps that aren't critical to the use of the phone.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
For those bound and determined to use a task killer, I'd recommend "Advanced Task Manager." It will show you the apps that are in memory (what some people call "running") on the first tab. But on the third tab (All Apps) it will display whether an app is running in the "foreground," the "background," or is "idle."

If you compare the two tabs you'll find that most of the "in memory" apps are actually "idle." As such they don't consume system resources and can be ignored.