1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why so many apps running?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by brad03lp, Apr 12, 2010.

1. brad03lp

brad03lp New Member

Just a quick ?

I have advanced app killer....when i clear and kill all apps....ill wait a few seconds and hit the widget and it kills for apps?

why do random apps appear if I just killed them and didnt touch the phone again?
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Because (a) some apps are designed to be available in memory so they can be accessed quickly; they aren't "running." They are available in memory. And (b) some apps are designed to collect or send data on a regular basis in the background and must be available in memory to do so. They aren't "running" either except periodically. They are just sitting in memory.
  3. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

Android is made to run like that. It doesn't necessarily have a huge affect on your battery, but it makes for opening those apps later much faster.

there was a huge thread about it, i just can't find it right now.
Search tags for this page

htc rhyme how do i keep so many apps from running in backgro

so many apps running android

so many apps running s4

why are so many apps running in background, android

why are there so many apps running in backgroun don andorid

why do so many apps not run on android

why so many apps running on android