New Cali droid user..with ??'s

calidroid

Reaction score
This droid incredible is awesome!! I was a flip phone hold out and finally upgraded.. What does it mean when I hit the appkiller and it says 160M memory available (for example). it says how many apps it kills but that amount of memory goes from 280M to 150M so far. I've shut it off periodically to restart it and that's when it goes back up..? Do I need more memory?

Thanks,
Calidroid

Reaction score
That number is how much ram you have free also get rid of the task manager your going to be having battery issues and other random phone issues android does NOT need a task manager!. You can keep it in case an app locks up and u need to kill it but it is not needed and will just cause problems.

OP
C

calidroid

Reaction score
Thanks..MOre ??'s

Thanks for the quick responce! I'm sorry but I don't know what the difference in memory is.. RAM or otherwise. Also, you're saying that I don't have to kill apps when I'm done with them? Like email or navigation.. they won't just keep running and kill the battery? The verizon sales person told me I should install it to keep my battery in check.. Glad to do what is best I just don't know much about this tech stuff.. Thanks again in advance.

Reaction score
Well i hate to say it but verizon techs dont know crap tbh most of the time. Android is based on linux and is meant to run apps in the background, the reason why their is no exit button in apps is because they are meant to run in the background. Battery life actually wont be better because your phone will contently be restarting those apps thus possibly even making ur battery life worse than it should be. Apps running in the background take very littel resources to run and if anthore app needs the resources they will automatically close out running apps.

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
ya i first got my droid around launch and the dickwad installed taskiller for me before we even left with the phone and then about a month later i took it off and my phone ran way better. also they tried to talk me into screen protectors the other day... annoying