New Droid user & I have ???'s

sandman411961

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am a new DROID user. My nephew had his old DROID for sale and I bought it and when I did he said something about a Liberty operating system which at the time didn't register until I tried to download my contacts from my Verizon backup assistant and it wouldn't work because I couldn't download the backup assistant to my phone because of the Liberty OS...herein lies my first problem. Help! Also, when I goto settings-the top choice is Liberty settings when I tap it it tells me I must download Liberty toolbox from the Android market and gives me the link and when I tap that an error message comes up saying check ur spelling.... HELP PLEASE!
sandman411961

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum...

As Droid Firefighter suggested - see if your nephew can restore it to stock and you will be off & running.

jwalz

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum ... what kind of droid did ya get?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :biggrin:

OP
S

sandman411961

Reaction score
therein lies my problem, he did a master reset and he told me he didn't know how to get it off. is there something I can do? how do u flash the Sbf and is it something I can do. im not the most technology savvy person so be a little more detailed please. I don't even know what Sbf stands for. thanks for all ur help

jwalz

Reaction score
Which phone do you have

jwalz

Reaction score
Here is a link to dxf a sister site of droid forums.. and the link will take you directly to sbf thread

OP
S

sandman411961

Reaction score
thanks for all ur help I will attempt to figure it out I really appreciate it

jwalz

Reaction score
Its relatively easy. Just follow the directions for making the CD.... making it is the hardest part. Once you have it the rest is a cake walk. If you have any questions feel free to post in that thread . There is a great rs team over there that can answer just about any question