App topic of the week: Hiding photos

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
uY2j91y2wUwwLKygUHHhPEVYkD5BXgou2F9UeP5S5VqR5kMhT58Ka_L5yJi6H_a8uz11=w170

When people see the topic of hiding photos the initial thought is "what you trying to hide?"

The reality is we use our phones for literally everything and take them everywhere. Many of us have family photos that we do not want nosey people looking at, e.g. if you let someone use your phone to make a call or to check it out, you want to ensure sensitive files are not able to be accessed. So, what apps do you rely on to hide or encrypt certain photos and/or videos?​

Last edited by a moderator:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
It's funny, you hand someone your phone to look at a pic, they pretty much cant help themselves and flip to the next pic over. Maybe I'll put a pic of me in the shower every other so they learn that flipping is a very bad idea! :D

find_the_cure4

Reaction score
I use KeepSafe and I really like it. It's simple to use with many of the same features as the stock gallery. You can also store videos in it and a feature that I really like is that it doesn't show up in recent apps.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I started with Hide It Pro and then did Keep safe. My issue was that neither put the pictures back if I wanted to unhide them. I use Vaulty now and am very happy

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm a vaulty user myself

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I too use Hide It Pro, though I've been looking elsewhere since the app crashes on every other command and the dev hasn't addressed them in the past (despite numerous emails with logs and details)...

I hide some docs that contain passwords and other sensitive info (just like the OP: family pics and such. I'm a stickler for security, no contacts named "Dad" or "Home" address, in case it's lost or stolen.)

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
We need a separate thread to discuss what people are hiding, cuz it seems pretty popular.;);)

Those that need it already seem to know how.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We need a separate thread to discuss what people are hiding, cuz it seems pretty popular.;);)

Those that need it already seem to know how.

shhh-emoticon-243x300.gif

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I don't use an app any more. I just create a .nomedia file, place it in the target folder on my sdcard, and use quickpic to access it when I want to.

Malkavian

Reaction score
I use a program called Photo Vault. Works well, isn't that complicated. You can hide pictures or entire folders.