App is running for more than 45 minutes and is consuming battery

douglasrac

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm receiving a recurring message on my Droid 2.

"Tasker" is running for more than 45 minutes and is consuming the battery.
Would you like to kill this application?

YES | NO

It is very annoying because I always reply No and I keep getting the message all the time. Everytime I turn my screen on there it is the message again.

What keep sending this message is a system APP called BATERRY MANAGER. It has 16 Kb and it's version 1.1.
If I kill this app the problem is solved. But can I really kill it? What else this app does? How can I know? It's hard to search about it because the name is so generic (Battery Manager). Will be safe to go without it?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's definitely not the onboard battery app unless it's an install that the Milestone got but the Droid 2 didn't. Task Killers are not necessary on the Droid/Milestone 2 so I would say to get rid of it.

OP
D

douglasrac

Reaction score
I don't use Task Killers.

How can I discover if its an app system or not?
I know I can't uninstall because it's not listed. I see on services only.

lizard

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing app data?

Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All Tab>Battery Manager>clear data.

Not sure if it is the same as wiping battery stats. I would do it on a full charge.

Sent from my rooted, and CM7 rommed, Droid2

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Again, whatever is running is not a built-in app. Tasker sets phone actions based on location, phone state, etc. Check your settings to see what it is trying to do. If you go into the stock battery manager and tap items that are using up your power it will tell you exactly what processes they're using.

OP
D

douglasrac

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing app data?

Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All Tab>Battery Manager>clear data.

That seems to have worked.

Again, whatever is running is not a built-in app. Tasker sets phone actions based on location, phone state, etc. Check your settings to see what it is trying to do. If you go into the stock battery manager and tap items that are using up your power it will tell you exactly what processes they're using.

It is a built-in-app. If not Motorola then the carrier. Also Motorola have several Roms for the same phone, maybe I got the crappy one.

I dont receive this message for over 2 days now. Maybe something was wrong with the data stored, since I cleared the cache. I will observe the future behaviour.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guessed right earlier then that maybe the Milestone 2 got stuff that the Droid 2 didn't. Glad you got it all cleared up though.

OP
D

douglasrac

Reaction score
Here is the responsible: WakeLockMonitorService. Process: com.motorola.batterymanager:deviceStats.

Now I ask: am I safe disabling this service?

lizard

Reaction score
Do you have access to the internet for this service blocked with a firewall perhaps on port 1001. I have droidwall firewall and it shows up as such. It may need access to the internet to do something and its not gonna stop till it gets it done. That's all I can come up with.

Edit: your last post sounded like a different one than the first, you got it fixed, or no??? Mine isn't com.motorola.battery manager on 1001, its something else, I got confused. There are several com.motorola thing I can firewall out though and the battery manager one is on one of them ports somewhere. Hope you got it. I wouldn't disable it if its ok now. Sounds dangerous.

Last edited:
OP
D

douglasrac

Reaction score
Edit: your last post sounded like a different one than the first, you got it fixed, or no???

Yes, I fixed by stoping the service. But is it safe?

I wouldn't disable it if its ok now. Sounds dangerous.

That is the whole point. I cannot find in the internet what this service does. Apparentely nothing is happening to my phone without this service running, but it can be deceiving.