App help

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi I recently bought a DROID bionic and was wondering what apps you guys have on your phone.. please help..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you meaning out of the box or what we use?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And welcome to the droid forums :)

ajb3985

Reaction score
Do a google search. You'll be mote successful finding everything you need there.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yaa I was wondering what appear are on your phones that you recently bout or installed. I checked google countless times before I got the phone and it didn't help! And thankyou for the welcoming!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have power amp, tapatalk, skitch, Facebook, ringtone maker pro, and a few others..

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

There are many app threads on this forum to look at. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-if-you-could-only-have-recommend-5-apps.html is one example.

A nice one is Beautiful Widgets. Another one is System Panel. I use Astro as a file manager, but there are others. For barcodes (and QR codes) there's Barcode Reader and Savvy Shopper.

Also go to Amazon and get their App, er, app. While what they have is mostly the same as the Play Store, they have one paid app for free each day. Be sure to go to Menu>Settings>Applications and check "Unknown sources."

Last edited:

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Waze for traffic, Netflix for watching movies/shows, box for online storage, gas buddy for lowest gas prices, juice defender, one note and Zedge for ring tones. Look for others at the Play store, Amazon and Google. Happy hunting!

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I know this is a bit late..
My long-term personalization apps are Beautiful Widgets, Dolphin Brower, GoSMS, PowerAMP, and SwiftKey.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not that late. I forgot to mention QuickPic for viewing pictures and videos instead of the stock Gallery.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
No, GoSMS is just very customizable so you can make your conversations look and feel how you want. I use it to darken my texts since bright screens hurt my eyes, so I used dark and neutral colors to make it easier to read.

Other notable apps worth mentioning:

--Juice Defender - Free - Does just what it sounds like, saves the juice of your battery, shutting down things that you aren't using to conserve power, while keeping the things you do need up and running.
--Advanced Task Killer - Free - DO NOT use it to randomly kill all apps. Instead if a particular app is giving you problems or crashing a lot, use ATK to shut it down. Handy for when Force Close messages keep cluttering your screen because ATK can be set to the notification bar up top.
--Ad Free - Free Requires Root) - Pulls from a large index of advertisement libraries to block ads in most other free apps. Very useful if you're clumsy like me and finger tap ads by accident.
--Camera Zoom FX - $2.99 (I believe) - One of the best camera replacement apps on the market. You can set one of the volume keys to be the camera shutter button, use it to apply filters and special effects to images, etc.
--Extended Controls - Price: IDK - A power toggle bar with many extra toggles for various things, such as flashlight mode, manually adjust brightness, open volume, enable/disable data antennas.
--GSam Battery Monitor - Free - Puts a battery monitor on your notification bar that shows the battery drain in 1% increments, if you like to micromanage and 10% increments just doesn't get your jollies off.
--K-9 Mail - Free - Load all of your email accounts into one easy to use app. I prefer it to the stock Email and Gmail apps, and it's got a bit more customization. If you use a different email app though, make sure to disable notifications for the stock apps or you'll get pinged twice.
--Opera Mobile - Free- Personally my favorite phone web browser. It's fast, smooth, responsive and easy to handle. Tried Firefox way back in the day, didn't care for it. Liked Opera so much I never tried anything else.
--Ringdroid - Free - Turn almost any sound clip or music file into an alarm, ringtone or notification. Did you have some obscure SNES game that you loved as a kid and want to use the power up sound as a notification? Well here's how to convert it! Alternatively, if you want to find premade ringtons and notifications you can look up apps like Zedge.
--Screenshot - Free (Some versions of these apps require root, some do not) - Simple to use app that allows you to take screenshots. Useful while you're still an Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), but will be useless when Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is officially released as it has a screenshot feature built in.
--Skype - Free - You have a front facing camera, use it to do video calls. When I was a kid, video telephones WERE the future, along with flying cars. My Bionic has yet to sprout wings though...
--Speed Test - Free - Check your internet speeds. If you're in a 4G LTE area, piss off all your friends by blowing their Speed Test scores out of the water. I've had up to 54,000 kbps down on the LTE network. That's over twice as fast as my home internet!
--Steam - Free - A chat messenger created by Valve, if you use Steam on the PC to talk to friends or play games, and want to keep in touch with those friends on the go, the official Steam app is the perfect way to do it.
--Titanium Backup - Free (Requires Root) - Backs up all user data for apps, as well as the install files for all apps, in a folder in the "SD Card" folder. (Note: This is not the actual SD Card, for that you have to go to the folder "sdcard-ext"). Once back up is complete, you can move that folder to your physical SD Card, or to your computer or anywhere else for safe keeping in case something bad happens to your phone.
--Trillian - Free - Combines most popular chat programs, such as AIM, MSN, Yahoo messenger, and many more, into one primary account and application. Sign into to everything with one password and keep up with your online contacts on the go in real time.

Other honorable mentions:
--Ivona - Free (In Beta) - A text to speech voice synthesis program designed to replace Google's default voice. If you use voice for things like Google Maps, or reading incoming calls aloud to you, Ivona has some really nice voices that are much easier on the ears when compared to the stock one. Personally I like the British (I imagine her as an international flight stewardass) Amy voice.
--Fancy Widget - Free - A simple to use clock and weather all-in-one widget. Pretty standard.
--MX Player - Free - Hands down the best video player I've found. Make sure to download the ARMv7 player codec for it as well (Search MX Player ARMv7 on the Play Store), and it'll play damn near any video file you throw at it.
--Realcalc - Free - A free scientific calculator app. I use it mainly because the default one doesn't have commas every three digits which can get annoying when doing large number crunching.
--Tiny Flashlight + LED - Free - A flashlight app with a lot of other custom light preferences. I use this one because I've found it seems to use the camera's flash at a brighter luminosity than other apps.
--AndExplorer - Free - A simple to use file browser for navigating the folders on your phone and SD Card.
--Netflix - Free - Nuff' said, if you have a Netflix account, why the heck not?
--Droid Forums app - Free - Don't waste time resizing your screen in a mobile browser while trying to read the forums. Download our very own Droid Forums app and get your foruming and threading on with ease and style.