[ROM] [AOSP] Unofficial CM10/JB ROM Development [09/24 DATAFIX]

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Is anyone running the kexec build? I've been on stock the whole time, but noticed a 10/9 kexec build is out now. Not sure if I want to try it though because basically everything is working so smoothly for me right now. And I mean buttery smooooth :)

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
Is anyone running the kexec build? I've been on stock the whole time, but noticed a 10/9 kexec build is out now. Not sure if I want to try it though because basically everything is working so smoothly for me right now. And I mean buttery smooooth :)

What's the advantage custom kernels? Could be beneficial for battery life.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

jayrod

Reaction score
Yeah, look back a couple pages I asked about that and a kind member gave me an apk for Verizon stuff

Sent from my CM 10 Jelly Bean Bionic

Hmmm...I grabbed the file and read the info..but am confused as to which folder to put it in..system or sys? I'm using Root explorer and /system says there isn't any room...
And if it is /sys...I have no clue where it should go.

Sent from my . 247 House of BIONIC Edition * Now with Jellybeans *

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
jayrod said:
Hmmm...I grabbed the file and read the info..but am confused as to which folder to put it in..system or sys? I'm using Root explorer and /system says there isn't any room...
And if it is /sys...I have no clue where it should go.

Its an apk so you can just open it up and hit install, like putting safestrap on your phone.

jayrod

Reaction score
Its an apk so you can just open it up and hit install, like putting safestrap on your phone.

That was the first thing I tried but got an error with the VZW data app after I've rebooted my phone ...twice. Error code-1000...Nor can I get Google now to work properly. Oh well, it's not a biggie

plchris00

Reaction score
Okay so i updated from 905 --> ICS without any issues. I am trying to load CM10 (STOCK-cm-10-20121008-UNOFFICIAL-targa), it installed, but when i start up its stuck in the Bootscreen (CyanogenMod logo). Any ideas what i need to change it make it work? Did i miss a step?

:mad:

jayrod

Reaction score
Okay so i updated from 905 --> ICS without any issues. I am trying to load CM10 (STOCK-cm-10-20121008-UNOFFICIAL-targa), it installed, but when i start up its stuck in the Bootscreen (CyanogenMod logo). Any ideas what i need to change it make it work? Did i miss a step?

:mad:

Had the same issues with an earlier version.. with advice from rocket , I did an FDR on the JB ROM ( safe side ROM) Booted up in a lil over a minute.

*** On a side note..the verizon mobile app started working this AM..not sure what was up..and Google now kinda works for me.

FLAGDOWN87

Reaction score
Had the same issues with an earlier version.. with advice from rocket , I did an FDR on the JB ROM ( safe side ROM) Booted up in a lil over a minute.

*** On a side note..the verizon mobile app started working this AM..not sure what was up..and Google now kinda works for me.

jayrod...I've been trying to install CM 10 on safe side with .247 on unsafe side. Install of CM10 goes fine, but on reboot, I end up at android screen with triangle/exclamation point. Any thoughts. Did I miss something?

Last edited:

Renzou2k4

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that all CM10 links are broken today? I've been attempting to get a copy of CM10 for my Bionic and everything is down :(

jayrod

Reaction score
jayrod...I've been trying to install CM 10 on safe side with .247 on unsafe side. Install of CM10 goes fine, but on reboot, I end up at android screen with triangle/exclamation point. Any thoughts. Did I miss something?

Everything I did came from reading this , with the exception of doing an FDR on the safe side. It took me 3 failed attempts with 10/02 and once I decided to move up a build and FDR, it's worked very well. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/202176-detailed-safestrap-instructions.html

jayrod

Reaction score
What kind of battery life is everyone getting? In ICS, there were smartactions to help, limited..but it helped. I see profiles in JB, but it seems more drastic and not as "customizable" as ICS...example from ICS(screen off>not charging: data>wi-fi>GPS off)

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
jayrod said:
What kind of battery life is everyone getting? In ICS, there were smartactions to help, limited..but it helped. I see profiles in JB, but it seems more drastic and not as "customizable" as ICS...example from ICS(screen off>not charging: data>wi-fi>GPS off)

I find that using WiFi drastically improves battery life, but having such a solid 4g is so nice. I don't use profiles and usually get through a day with pretty moderate usage. About 18-19 hours a charge

jayrod

Reaction score
I find that using WiFi drastically improves battery life, but having such a solid 4g is so nice. I don't use profiles and usually get through a day with pretty moderate usage. About 18-19 hours a charge

Yeah...I'm not getting close to that..but then again I didn't with .905 or any of the ICS leaks...unless I didn't use my phone. Guess I am on this thing a lot.. need a extended battery I guess.. should have bought one when I bought this after launch!