[AOSP ROM] BETA CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha Release

MerkXR4

Reaction score
I also use the Juice Defender app from the market. This saves my battery life by a ton!

JuiceDefender is a great app... been using it since I had my D2. It definately saves your battery a ton and also has many options to optimize it for your needs. In addition, it will show you how much it is multiplying your battery life by; currently I'm at 2.03x!!!

matthskim

Reaction score
JuiceDefender is a great app... been using it since I had my D2. It definately saves your battery a ton and also has many options to optimize it for your needs. In addition, it will show you how much it is multiplying your battery life by; currently I'm at 2.03x!!!

Can you share some of the major settings with me?

Thanks.

OP
ItsTrentB

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Update:

For those of you who want a camera app, currently any camera app from the market with the latest CM7 build will work

Also, the latest release fixes the video to be displayed correctly.

rygaul44

Reaction score
I guess it is no surprise that Skype doesn't work lol

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

MerkXR4

Reaction score
@matthskim

For most people just downloading JuiceDefender free version and hitting the 'enable' option will do a good enough job. I did this for a while but always love more options so checked out the Ultimate version.

Can't say whether the options are Ultimate specific or not, but some I like are:
- I always leave wi-fi and GPS turned on and battery life is still great. For wi-fi, it will train itself where the wi-fi networks you commonly use are so it will turn of your 3g and turn on wi-fi automatically and vice versa when you leave a network area ('wi-fi preferred' setting).
- I think the main way it saves battery is by turning off data when you are inactive or the screen is off. There is a setting for the frequency it checks for all your notification stuff. I have mine set to 15 I believe but definately see my text messages come in as normal (there must be some kind of 'push').
- you can set what time you consider 'night' so it lessens activity during those hours
- you can conigure apps to be allowed to bypass turning the data off while the screen is off, such as for a music streaming app like Pandora. I was the 'live timing' of Formula 1 races but it wud stop updating when my screen went off and I would have to restart the app to get it working again. this was a direct result of using JuiceDefender, so to solve it I configured the Formula 1 app - from within JuiceDefender - to 'enable data/screen off' and it performed as I wanted it to.

Id say its def worth trying out. After a day or so of collecting data it will give a readout in the notifications area of your current battery multiplier... mine reads 2.17x right now after typing this entire message and after a full day of work. Enjoy!

cheers!

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
@matthskim

For most people just downloading JuiceDefender free version and hitting the 'enable' option will do a good enough job. I did this for a while but always love more options so checked out the Ultimate version.

Can't say whether the options are Ultimate specific or not, but some I like are:
- I always leave wi-fi and GPS turned on and battery life is still great. For wi-fi, it will train itself where the wi-fi networks you commonly use are so it will turn of your 3g and turn on wi-fi automatically and vice versa when you leave a network area ('wi-fi preferred' setting).
- I think the main way it saves battery is by turning off data when you are inactive or the screen is off. There is a setting for the frequency it checks for all your notification stuff. I have mine set to 15 I believe but definately see my text messages come in as normal (there must be some kind of 'push').
- you can set what time you consider 'night' so it lessens activity during those hours
- you can conigure apps to be allowed to bypass turning the data off while the screen is off, such as for a music streaming app like Pandora. I was the 'live timing' of Formula 1 races but it wud stop updating when my screen went off and I would have to restart the app to get it working again. this was a direct result of using JuiceDefender, so to solve it I configured the Formula 1 app - from within JuiceDefender - to 'enable data/screen off' and it performed as I wanted it to.

Id say its def worth trying out. After a day or so of collecting data it will give a readout in the notifications area of your current battery multiplier... mine reads 2.17x right now after typing this entire message and after a full day of work. Enjoy!

cheers!

After extensive testing of my purchase of jd ultimate, I found that battery life was actually 10 hours less with jd when not using the phone a lot (I did nothing and phone ran 3 days 2 hours without jd/2 days 16 hours with jd), and around 5 hours more when heavily using the phone (1 day 12 hours without jd, 1 day 17 hours with). To heavily use the phone I went through a series of tests at the same time and time interval for each trial. The phone was fully charged and immediately removed from the charger for each trial. So, if you don't use your phone a lot, probably don't need jd ultimate. If you do, it tasks a lot of battery options for you, which can be helpful for sure. But keep in mind it is a running app on the phone, which uses battery... so if you aren't already running a lot at the same time then you really don't need to have it... basically... ok :)