[AOSP ROM] BETA CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha Release

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
From Hashcode via XDA:

** [UPDATE 11/16] = Minor update adding Droid3Bootstrap / RomManager support for installs. You DO NOT need Safestrap to install CM7 now. Any Bootstrap will work.

[UPDATE 11/10] = Better audio (still debugging why volume will occassionally fall back down -- if it does go into settings -> sound -> volume and drag the media slider up -- will reset it), fixed bluetooth -- 2nd ota patch .zip for 5.7.894 OTA users

It's an OMAP4 optimized AOSP build using CyanogenMod sources. I used some of the published Moto Source (9/18) where I felt it was appropriate to get the low level services running. You will not see any Blur files in this build.

If you're running the 5.7.894 OTA, you will also want to apply a 2nd .zip afterward to update the few stock binaries that are in the build. It's under the .zip download links.

Changelog Here

For the most up-to-date information / builds check my blog: http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com

What is working in this build:

• Phone dial and recieve calls (10/18)
  • Wifi
  • SD Cards
  • Audio is getting better
  • GPS
  • 3G data
  • Bluetooth
  • lots I can't list
Feel free to flash gapps and test away.
See 2nd post.

What isn't working:
  • Camera app doesn't soft reset the phone anymore, but it isn't working yet either.
  • Phone app FC's on the boot. Just close the notification and it'll restart 3G immediately.
  • Audio is very funky atm. It's getting better. If you lose volume, try opening Setting -> Sound -> Volume and drag the "media" slider down and then back up.
GSM Users:
  • I reviewed some changes submitted by XDA's coreless88 and for the moment I'm just not comfortable putting them in the main build. They would default the phone to GSM/WCDMA. I WILL absolutely get the native support for both GSM and CDMA working as this build matures. It just may take a while. If you really want a GSM variant of this build let me know and I'll reproduce a version with his build.prop changes. For me personally, this can't be a daily driver till the audio issues are fixed.

I am just relaying a message. I have been granted permission by Hashcode to help post where needed, and show support. Hashcode is available at the forums of XDA.. Support him && Check it out
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1308924

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Random OCD Comment: You should use the quote BBCode around what Hashcode posted. lol

[*quote]Text[/*quote]

(Remove *)

matthskim

Reaction score
Can we use the v.92 Bootstrap for other ROMs as well as for this CM7 alpha. In other words, is it ok to scrap the TWEAKED version of d3 bootstrap?
Please clarify for me. I am confused because i have seen three or more d3 bootstrap floating around.
Thanks.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Can we use the v.92 Bootstrap for other ROMs as well as for this CM7 alpha. In other words, is it ok to scrap the TWEAKED version of d3 bootstrap?
Please clarify for me. I am confused because i have seen three or more d3 bootstrap floating around.
Thanks.

No.....the board.config of Hashcode's CM7 compile is built around his safebootstrap and is only for his CM7. Nothing else is and requires the standard bootstrap.

He has also stated that he will (when the build is more beta and less alpha) compile one for the standard bootstrap recovery as well.

matthskim

Reaction score
Thank you for your clarification.

bharrismac

Reaction score
I would flash this but I kinda need to be able to use my phone as a phone. Can't wait for the bugs to get ironed out!

svickstc

Reaction score
Have Safe Strap ready for this to get worked out...coming along good guys

Reaction score
Just be careful and note the voice coming from the other end is a little quiet. But it does work just a little quiet

bharrismac

Reaction score
how do i know which gapps to flash?

EDIT: nevermind! i figured it out!

Reaction score
how do i know which gapps to flash?

EDIT: nevermind! i figured it out!

I did that and my phone kept rebooting every few seconds
I hope you have better luck then me. Hashcode said that some people are getting this. He is working on it though.

bharrismac

Reaction score
This rom is actually pretty fast considering the few things that are broken as if yet. I really like how there is zero blur involved.