Anyone using Go Launcher

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
I've been a fan of LauncherPro Plus, and have been using it since shortly after I got my X in July. But I stumbled on Go Launcher over the weekend and decided to give it a whirl. So far, I'm impressed. Slick UI, it's very smooth, and I'm blown away by the ability to add up to 30 screens. The one thing it seems to be lacking is custom widgets (I miss the LPP Facebook widget), but I imagine those will be coming soon. I'm also wondering whether it's a battery hog, since my extended battery life seems to be worse since I installed it -- but that could also be Tasker or one of the other new apps I downloaded yesterday. Still exploring that.

Anyone else using it? Are you liking it more/less than other launchers? Have you found that it uses more battery than others?

Reaction score
I just downloaded it today and it doesnt seem to drain the battery. Plus with go launcher you can resize widgets for free

doomer4life

Reaction score
I also have Launcher Pro Plus but gave this a try and totally agree with OP only thing i truly miss is the Launcher Pro widgets. The app drawer I like a lot cause it has the horizontal drawer instead of verticle (actually has both). Also you can easily add a new screen just go to screen preview and boom add one right there. Then you can also drag and drop your screen so if you go from 3 pages having page 2 as default then decide to have 7 screens you can go to screen preview click and hold on your default page (previously 2) and drag it till its screen 4 or wherever you would like it. Its definetly got some great features and looks like theyre working on optimizing it but as of now its very quick and I have used it for about 1 to 2 weeks and no complaints and the only thing i miss is the launcher pro plus widgets.

lulugirl896

Reaction score
Anyone else using it? Are you liking it more/less than other launchers? Have you found that it uses more battery than others?

I downloaded it 2 days ago and found that it drains my battery horribly. I wasn't sure it was the culprit but as soon as I removed it, my drain rate went back to normal. A shame, really, as it seems to be quite nice.

DrSarcasmo

Reaction score
I was running Launcher Pro Plus. After the last update, my phone started locking up and rebooting. A lot. Finally one day it rebooted 7 times. I got home, uninstalled Launcher Pro Plus and installed Go Launcher. It's been 2 weeks since then and I haven't had 1 reboot. And Go Launcher is quick and easy to customize.

D

dankarlinski

ADW is practically the same thing. They have almost the exact same settings, more themes on adw, and adw is free

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.0)

jdlfg

Reaction score
I have been using it for the last few hours and like it. Of course LP has been around but I will be using this launcher for a few days to keep my eye on it. No battery issues here.

jcolt

Reaction score
I tried go launcher coming from Launcher Pro Plus. I liked being able to have more screens but it was not as smooth as LPP and it would crash at least a couple of times a day. Support said I should reduce the number of home screens (I had 9) and my widgets. I figured if that was the case then I should just go back to LPP which as the main reason for Go Launcher was 7+ homepages. Back to LPP and happy but still missing my 8th and 9th screen I had with Go Launcher.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i've been using LP+ exclusively for months. but, i decided to give ADW EX a go, just to see what the buzz is about. it is a very nice launcher, but for whatever reason, ADW just never runs very well on my phone. but, before going back to LP+, i'm giving GO Launcher a try. so far, i like it, and it seems to be running pretty well on my phone. i like the ability to create folders in the app drawer to group similar apps - e.g., wallpaper apps, music apps, root apps, etc. but, like others have mentioned, i miss some of LP's widgets - especially the contacts widget.

when LP drops its big update, i'm sure i'll go back.

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
i use adw ex and i love it...but i do miss the widgets of lpp...might give go launcher a try dancedroid