Go Launcher

Roundabout136

Reaction score
Having a "stock" droid for a few weeks got a bit boring. My next step will be rooting, but this is as good as it's going to get until I know exactly what to do. I needed a change and did some research about launchers. I downloaded Go Launcher and now have a quick question:

All the widgets and apps up on my stock setup, are they still running in the background of the Go Launcher?

I didn't delete anything before downloading Go Launcher and now realized the widgets/ect may be taking up some battery use?

-Is there a way to go back to the stock interface without uninstalling Go Launcher, deleting the crud, and re-installing? Maybe an app that lets you switch?

I had another thread with the following question that wasn't answered:

-By rooting my phone, and possibly installing a ROM, will the security and safety features of the phone be changed in any way?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
To get back to another launcher, go to menu/settings/applications/manage applications. Select the go launcher and hit "clear defaults". Then hit the home button and you should get a window with options of what launcher to use.

As far as changing the security settings, a rom shouldn't change those. At least all the rom's I've flashed didn't.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
Roundabout136

Roundabout136

Reaction score
I'm not able to click Clear Defaults. "No defaults set"

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
"No defaults set"

Then it seems like it wasn't set as the default launcher then. If pressing the home button doesn't give an option to switch launchers, there is an app called Home Switcher in the market that may help.

Swyped from a Droid

jedi

Reaction score
Just trying this out and very nice for the most part.

One thing I like is the base Razr Favorite Contacts widget which doesn't seem to work on Go.
When I try to add it, nothing gets added to the screen. Although after playing around by long holding where the widget "would have gone" i get the same icon to resize or delete as if it where there.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a work around?

Edit: ok after searching more it appears moto blur widgets cannot be used w/ other launchers. I guess anyway...

thanks

Lexparsimoniae

Reaction score
I have the same issue with ADW. The Favorites was nice. Now I just put a few select individuals on my screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
The blur favorites widget seems to only work with blur home. I use photo contacts. Its a scrollable widget

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums