Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Ok just finished. It didn't help.

Now when the opening screen that says "Welcome to Android" pops up it asks me to activate. After "activation" is complete it jumps back to that "Welcome" screen and repeats the same process.

Under my phone status it states that my phone number is 000-000-0680. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, probably because I am unable to activate.

Will try a baseband update next.
Good luck. I have the feeling you may be going to the VZW store tomorrow to get your phone fixed up, though.

Quick thought. Is there any way to push a baseband file using ADB?

banderbe

Reaction score
Ok just finished. It didn't help.

Now when the opening screen that says "Welcome to Android" pops up it asks me to activate. After "activation" is complete it jumps back to that "Welcome" screen and repeats the same process.

Under my phone status it states that my phone number is 000-000-0680. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, probably because I am unable to activate.

This is silly. You should be able to simply flash the baseband and be done with it.

Again - what recovery are you using?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Good luck. I have the feeling you may be going to the VZW store tomorrow to get your phone fixed up, though.

Quick thought. Is there any way to push a baseband file using ADB?

Maybe wiped the MIN in his phone settings?

Pete had a way to activate your phone without calling VZW, but it involves knowing your MIN and/or MDN for the user activation screen (mine are just my phone number, no dashes, FYI)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

As an absolute, positively last resort....

call ##program
passcode is 000000
select option 1 (user activation)
MIN and MDN probably should be your phone #, with no dashes or spaces

rkeller62

Reaction score
Not sure what your problem is. I did this the other night and it just had me re-activate the phone and all was good. You are not wiping the baseband, just the baseband data which, I believe, means activation data.

NCSULuLu

Reaction score

As an absolute, positively last resort....

call ##program
passcode is 000000
select option 1 (user activation)
MIN and MDN probably should be your phone #, with no dashes or spaces

This fixed it! Thanks!!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

NCSULuLu

Reaction score
The impression I get is that my phone didn't bug out because I erased the baseband data... it's because something is wrong with the activation either on my phone or with Verizon's towers.

Thanks to everyone who posted trying to help!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The impression I get is that my phone didn't bug out because I erased the baseband data... it's because something is wrong with the activation either on my phone or with Verizon's towers.

Thanks to everyone who posted trying to help!

Erasing the baseband data IS what caused your activation problems, though. You basically disassociated your device from your phone number. That's why the ##PROGRAM trick fixed it. The phone has to have your phone number programmed into the baseband data in order to activate.

Kind of a handy menu option for those of us who may someday sell our device. Gives you a way to get it back to factory fresh condition.

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
Looks like I did this as well. I just used RSDlite to flash back to 2.0.1 thinking that was what my problem was, now... how do I get to phone settings to fix my MIN? On the welcome screen there is not a "skip" button like there is on the 2.2

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Looks like I did this as well. I just used RSDlite to flash back to 2.0.1 thinking that was what my problem was, now... how do I get to phone settings to fix my MIN? On the welcome screen there is not a "skip" button like there is on the 2.2
Peter Alfonso

He says he has a 2.1 SBF to flash in.

Bimmerjo

Reaction score

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
Haha, I just learned this in a training class about the wipe baseband feature on the new 2.2 recovery. The big issue that anybody is going to run in with this is that not only does this wipe your personal phone number information as well but also wipes the default network settings as well. What happens when a person tries to *228, the phone doesnt have the proper PRL information to establish a connection with the network and so, after it says its activated, Android checks to see if there is a proper MDN and MIN in radio, if not, it reloops you into the activation wizard. Follow Pete's instructions to manually put your MDN and MIN into phone and dial *22899 after everything is resetup on your phone after the activation wizard.

The reason why they implemented this feature is because with the new Exchange support policies and Asurion's new feature coming out soon, an IT staff or yourself can completely remote wipe all personal data and radio data in case the phone is lost or stolen and it makes it harder for the thief to activate the phone unless they convert it to Cricket or something.