Anyone NOT having trouble?

kdubbz

Reaction score
Im still having problems with the music player, when you tip the screen sideways, the music player locks up most of the time and you end up having to the take battery out. I did a factory reset and did not use backup of my old stuff either. Really annoying but thats the only problem I seem to find after a factory reset.

OP
R

rww

Reaction score
Stock Droid X on 2.2. I have no hardware issues at all!!

There are a few things in 2.2 that are not what I wish they were, but I came from the Droid 1 and have that as a reference point. If starting with your first Android phone... you will love the X!

I'm also a D1 user, just interested in the X. Is it a big improvement over the D1, or is it just really the bigger screen?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Had my X for just over a month now...rooted on 2.1 then updated to 2.2 and re-rooted...still no real "issues" with the phone...only issue I have right now is with Handcent, and I will be taking that issue to the Tech forum...:)

Reaction score
Just staarted reading about the X, is anyone not having trouble? After reading 4-5 threads, it seems like I should wait a bit! I don't root my phone, just leave it stock.

The only problem I am really having with my Droid X is the constant disconnect/reconnect issues with WiFi since updating to 2.2 OTA.

I like the WiFi, but I can live without it until it is fixed. I mean, I pay for a data plan... may as well use it SOME of the time. :)

On the plus side, my stuck pixels in camcorder/camera mode are gone since the update.

Reaction score
Had my X for just over a month now...rooted on 2.1 then updated to 2.2 and re-rooted...still no real "issues" with the phone...only issue I have right now is with Handcent, and I will be taking that issue to the Tech forum...:)

Handcent has been wonderful for me since the last 2 updates were set loose on the world.

BodyBagz

Reaction score

Handcent has been wonderful for me since the last 2 updates were set loose on the world.
I like it...but it has an annoying "bug" going on at the moment for me. Any time I receive an incoming text message, not only does it play the notification ringtone I set, it also plays an mp3 tune as well...and I can not find a setting where this might be set...so I have to assume it is a bug.

pointzero1

Reaction score
Droid X.
Non-rooted, stock.
Android 2.1
2-3 weeks.
Charge lasts a full day.

I heard lots of problems with 2.2, so I havent updated to it yet, and it's working fine for me. The only issue I get, is once in a while my browser stops working... I figured out a solution for it though, I downloaded the Dolphin HD browser app. When the default browser stops working, I just use dolphin HD.

the5barrons

Reaction score
No problems (unless you count the shortcut contact pics not updating with FB...which hardly qualifies as a problem).

Once I got the the setup right and actually understood how the android OS worked I was a lot happier. Coming from a BB, it's a hands-down win for the DX.

Reaction score
I like it...but it has an annoying "bug" going on at the moment for me. Any time I receive an incoming text message, not only does it play the notification ringtone I set, it also plays an mp3 tune as well...and I can not find a setting where this might be set...so I have to assume it is a bug.

You have to disable notifications in the stock text application.

pudco

Reaction score
I was having a camera issue where the camera will refuse to start. I read that this can be caused by geotagging being on when there is no cell signal. I disabled that "Feature" (more of an annoyance and useless to me, really) and it's been ok since. I use my camera a lot so that's one thing that was really bothering me.