Considering switching from the Droid to the X

CharlieDog

Reaction score
I have the original Droid, and I love it, but I really really like the huge screen the X has. I'm not sure I want to switch though, since the Droid has seemingly gotten it's problems and bugs worked out and I rarely have trouble with it. I've been reading about the X and it seems like it has more problems than it might be worth.

Do you think that the problems will be fixed by an update? I think the X is going to be getting more updates than the Droid will, and it seems Droid is reaching it's end of life and won't be getting many more updates.

My biggest concern is that I don't want to have to root the phone and custom rom it to deal with the problems it has. I'm not a fan of MotoBlur either.

Should I just wait for another phone to come on to the market, or make the switch?

Thoughts?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I just made the same switch and love it. Not sure what problems you're talking about, but I haven't had any issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pcandroid

Reaction score
I came from OG droid and havent had any problems with my X. I didn't think I was gonna like blur and was gonna remove it but I actually like its features so I kept it. The giant screen is sweet.

scf

Reaction score
All phones have their quirks and issues, depends on the owner most of the time. I went from D1 to DX and haven't looked back.

Doooooooo Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
DX is a great phone and I'm tempted too, but I'm holding out for the Inc HD./or one of the rumored "superphones".

xxarthur33xx

Reaction score
The only problems I've ever had are ones that I've created myself. The DX to me was flawless out of the box, and even better when rooted with a ROM.

OP
CharlieDog

CharlieDog

Reaction score
Well, I've read that scrolling can be laggy, and that the camera isn't very good. The camera on the Droid is finally to an acceptable level for me, and I don't want to downgrade to a camera that isn't as good as the Droids.

I really am considering going to get it on Black Friday. The screen is really amazing and I'd love to have that for all of the games I play on the Droid.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I recently made the switch from a Droid 1 to the X (gave my wife my original Droid). The screen size makes a WORLD of difference in everything you do on the phone. That said, after only a few days with the X, I was seriously considering going back to my original Droid. Reasons:
-WAY too much bloatware
-Blur was terrible and simply made everything gaudy as opposed to useful.
-Blur was useless
-Blur killed my dog and broke my tractor
-Blur ruined my life

You get the point. Before owning the X, I had never used or seen a phone with Motoblur, so I didn't know any better. If YOU ALREADY dislike Blur, then you better plan on rooting and installing a custom ROM.

I would have swapped phones with my wife to get my original Droid back if I hadn't found the Rubix custom ROM. Now, everything is as it should be and I'm happy with the X.

scf

Reaction score
Root and get rid of the bloatware. Then unroot again if you choose not to stay rooted. Download Launcher Pro and don't look back. I spent about 5 minutes with blur and began doing terrible things to my dog with a fork. For his sake, and my cutlery's, I grabbed launcher pro and we couldn't be happier. ARF! See!??!