1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Stock to Ginger

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Garandhero, May 29, 2011.

1. Garandhero

Garandhero New Member

OK I just SBF'd and am now stock Froyo 2.2.1 2.3.340 w/e w/e

Should I wait for OTA? Is there an auto root device like z4 for the OTA yet?

What are my other options...I was reading here
    Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone

but I am not sure which set of instructions applies to me since the organization of that thread seems to be wierd... Is it the last set of steps like this that I need to do??

Full Stock Version (Signed) - Phone must be completely stock
    You will install this file using the stock Recovery of the device.

md5sum:
    file size :

Mirror 1: Download Now

What are the step by steps to install it? What is the "stock recovery" how do I install the .zip on the phone, or
  2. brad92

brad92 New Member

Root with Z4, download the 2 part file, use the Droid2 bootstrap to get into recovery, install the zip files IN ORDER and then reboot.

DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE YOU GO INTO RECOVERY. ALSO DO A DATA WIPE BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE ZIP FILES.

Good luck

Sent from my DROIDX
  3. Garandhero

Garandhero New Member

Why do a data wipe?? Why backup if I haven't done anything really yet....besides SBF to stock.
  4. brad92

brad92 New Member

You don't have to do a backup if you have already sbf'd back to stock. Backing up my apps is something I always do using Titanium because it is faster and I don't lose any information.

Also, most people who have problems with ROMs don't data wipe, so its your call. Some have been lucky without wiping and others have had issues.

Sent from my DROIDX