Anyone having many force closes on their S3?

Batman8

Reaction score
I seem to get them all the time. Either it's "settings", "smart taskbar", "Efile", "Skyfire" or even "TouchWiz" that force closes pretty often and I can't figure out if it is me and the many apps/games that I have installed (some of which are not really made for the S3, but I got them to install and run anyway). So now I'm wondering if some of the apps are causing conflicts/problems? Are some of these apps just not ready for ICS or is there a problem with the actual phone?

Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

P.S. - I'm rooted, running the VZW version on stock ICS.

Last edited:

kidnice15

Reaction score
The only force close I have been having is messaging. I have no idea why.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
The only force close I have been having is messaging. I have no idea why.

I had force closing on "messaging" too for a while, but I froze the messaging app with TB which stopped the errors until I needed to send a text message one day and the errors came back since there was no app to handle it, so I downloaded a new sms app from the Market and that seemed to fix it and those "messaging" force closes stopped completely...try that. Hopefully this will help you.

I'm getting force closes much more often from my "settings" after trying to manage apps or even after I uninstall an app, I get force closes!! I kind of have a feeling that it's from something that I have installed that is conflicting with other stuff. Does anyone have a way to quickly discover application conflicts? I REALLY, REALLY, I mean REALLY don't want to do another Factory Data Reset.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
I've been searching all over the Market for something that will help me detect application conflicts...has anyone found something like that? Please let me know, these force closes of my "settings" is starting to drive me nuts. Touchwiz was force closing often too for a while, but after slowly deleting apps one by one, Touchwiz doesn't close anymore which means things are getting better, and that it looks to be software conflict related. I still have not found the problem that is closing the options/settings though. Anyone seen anything that will help at least narrow down the problem app(s)?

mkstn

Reaction score
I had a few on the browser but swithched to Dalphin HD. Was using the original browser a bit today and no problems.

frank_drebin1

Reaction score
Nope. I've had a couple, but mostly were my fault for trying to make the phone do too much at once.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I think I had my launcher crash once. Otherwise, nope.

If this is ongoing, try a factory reset. Considering the complexity of the software being loaded onto these phones at the factory the occasional glitch isn't unexpected. It's recommended as the first thing you should do when you get the phone. Charge, sign in, factory reset, sign in again, run. :)

kparks

Reaction score
I got mine on the 10th and have had 3 force closes 2 on Google Music and one on pandora... so pretty good so far!

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I think Pandora shut my phone down the first time i tried to use it, but it was also busy doing other things. No other problems. Really digging this phone.

kparks

Reaction score
Add 1 more.. gmusic and surfing Web.. locked up took about 2 min for the screen to respond then I got a message touchwiz crashed!