Anyone get a DX due to faulty D1?

EntropikOne

Reaction score
Hello, I'm (sadly) on my 5th D1 right now and the speaker on it is messed up. I really really love this phone but due to manufacturer problems I've gone through way too many of them. I'm wondering if, at this point, verizon would just give me a new phone (DX). I was wondering if anyone here ever had any luck doing so.
--EO :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to the Droid general discussion section

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I went to a Verizon store by where I live on Monday and they had 2 of the D1's left so they replaced mine with that one (mine went completely out, stopped on the white M logo). I'm happy, I like the D1.

Just depends on what the store has I'd think. Or what Verizon will ship you.
If anything, probably a replacement with a D2.

ETA: I didn't ask. But for a free replacement I'm thinking they would swap out something similar if it's in stock.

Last edited:

FC127

Reaction score
I got a DX as a replacement for a D2... Keyboard issues on 4 of them.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Actually, I went through 8 Droids. Crazy...I know. I finally got ahold of someone at the regional corporate office and she swapped it out for a DX. This was in September of last year. The first DX they sent ironically had a stuck pixel and they had to swap that one out, too. But, since then my current DX has been awesome.

I would recommend using Google to find the closest regional office for Verizon and calling and speaking to someone in the executive office. That's your best bet.