1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Anyone get a DX due to faulty D1?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by EntropikOne, Feb 4, 2011.

1. EntropikOne

EntropikOne New Member

Hello, I'm (sadly) on my 5th D1 right now and the speaker on it is messed up. I really really love this phone but due to manufacturer problems I've gone through way too many of them. I'm wondering if, at this point, verizon would just give me a new phone (DX). I was wondering if anyone here ever had any luck doing so.
    --EO :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2011
  2. EntropikOne

EntropikOne New Member

whoops, thought i posted this in DX discussion
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Moved to the Droid general discussion section
  4. debdroid1a

debdroid1a New Member

I went to a Verizon store by where I live on Monday and they had 2 of the D1's left so they replaced mine with that one (mine went completely out, stopped on the white M logo). I'm happy, I like the D1.

Just depends on what the store has I'd think. Or what Verizon will ship you.
    If anything, probably a replacement with a D2.

ETA: I didn't ask. But for a free replacement I'm thinking they would swap out something similar if it's in stock.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  5. FC127

FC127 New Member

I got a DX as a replacement for a D2... Keyboard issues on 4 of them.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  6. wrightperspective

wrightperspective New Member

Actually, I went through 8 Droids. Crazy...I know. I finally got ahold of someone at the regional corporate office and she swapped it out for a DX. This was in September of last year. The first DX they sent ironically had a stuck pixel and they had to swap that one out, too. But, since then my current DX has been awesome.

I would recommend using Google to find the closest regional office for Verizon and calling and speaking to someone in the executive office. That's your best bet.