Anyone get a DX due to faulty D1?

EntropikOne

Reaction score
Hello, I'm (sadly) on my 5th D1 right now and the speaker on it is messed up. I really really love this phone but due to manufacturer problems I've gone through way too many of them. I'm wondering if, at this point, verizon would just give me a new phone (DX). I was wondering if anyone here ever had any luck doing so.
--EO :)

Reaction score
Actually, I went through 8 Droids. Crazy...I know. I finally got ahold of someone at the regional corporate office and she swapped it out for a DX. This was in September of last year. The first DX they sent ironically had a stuck pixel and they had to swap that one out, too. But, since then my current DX has been awesome.

I would recommend using Google to find the closest regional office for Verizon and calling and speaking to someone in the executive office. That's your best bet.

OP
EntropikOne

EntropikOne

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I'll give that a shot.

**EDIT:** Not having much luck finding one =\ Are they the same as the Verizon Stores found with the Store Locator?

Last edited:

jsw6380a

Reaction score
They should definitely do it... I think it is almost mandatory procedure for them if you go through more than three in three months... I had the same issue with a couple non-android phones a few years back..

You have got to complain like there is no tomorrow.

Bigg5Deuce

Reaction score
My experience... I was having problems with my D2 (went through 3 in 2 weeks), called VZW customer service and the guy insisted that he could not help me as long as I was using the phone that I was calling about (that's a whole nother story/issue for another time). After hanging up with him, I received an automated call asking me to take their survey. I gave low grades, and at the end when they ask for recorded comments, I emphasized my displeasure with both the low level of customer service I received, as well as my overall dissapointment with the quality of the D2s I had been receiving.

2 nights later, I get a call from a guy at VZW QA following up on my survey, asking me how he can make things right. Long story short, my new DX should arrive tomorrow, free of charge, no contract extention.

OP
EntropikOne

EntropikOne

Reaction score
so basically like jsw was saying...complain like crazy lol won't be hard as I'm pretty pissed off that I haven't had a D1 that lasts for more than a few months and all but one of the issues were not my fault.

Bigg5Deuce

Reaction score
Yeah, you need to complain, and complain to the right person at the right level, but I suggest being respectfull about it. It's not the fault of the individual you are talking to that your phones suck. Being polite but firm in your stance will work better than getting pissed off 9/10 times.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I got a brand new D2 as a replacement for my D1. But they also extended my contract starting at that point. Be careful what you do because I don't think you want to start a new contract now. Lots of new phones coming out and your present contract on your D1 might not be that much longer.

Vandy343

Reaction score
Went thriugh 5 eris's they said they were sending me a d2 sent me a x now I traded my dad and have a D1

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score
I got an incredible after complaning once about a d1. But I complained bad! Lol then I sold the incredible and used my parents upgrade to the dx. I actually made money.

selex

Reaction score
One of coworkers had a Droid 1 and the USB connector splintered inside from him banging the cable around and just jamming the cable in. So he called Verizon and had them replace it using his insurance. They sent him a refurbished Droid 1. Starts it up works for 4 hrs and then freezes. Gets to the Droid part of the boot and hangs. Can't even hard reset it. Calls Verizon, and they gave him 5 options. Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid R2D2, Droid Global, and the Droid X. He picked the R2D2. Told him to he should have gotten the X or the Incredible, but he needs the keyboard and wanted the Star Wars phone.

He didn't over complain at all, I was listening when he called from work, but the girl on at Verizon knew he was getting screwed and offered him that. So it is possible.

Selex

Last edited:

brandibit

Reaction score
I got a replacement for my D1 from Asurion. It was a refurb. The back light for the slide out keyboard would not work. I called Asurion and I told them I would rather not have a refurb. She told me they could give me and Eris and I told her no thanks. She was very nice and said hold on let me keep looking. She came back and asked me if a Droid X would be okay since they have them new in stock. dancedroid

It will be here Monday and I did not have to complain and this was my first faulty D1. :icon_ banana:

Natey2

Reaction score
so basically like jsw was saying...complain like crazy lol won't be hard as I'm pretty pissed off that I haven't had a D1 that lasts for more than a few months and all but one of the issues were not my fault.

I'd hate to be a Support Rep for Verizon... with all the people trying to get a better phone model avoiding a contract renewal/extension, and giving the poor Rep a bad grade (affects his job security/pay increase) if he doesn't give the caller a newer model, because his Supervisor discourages that as a solution.

But I do believe you're entitled to a working phone that is not a lemon.

I just bought a DroidX from the start, and will upgrade when the time comes, even though there are better models out there right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

pmurray633

Reaction score
Well, if you have a crappy BB, like I did before I got the Droid X, after 3 BB swaps, you are eligible for a different model, so I don't know why this would be different with Motorola devices...