Anyone get a DX due to faulty D1?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I got a replacement for my D1 from Asurion. It was a refurb. The back light for the slide out keyboard would not work. I called Asurion and I told them I would rather not have a refurb. She told me they could give me and Eris and I told her no thanks. She was very nice and said hold on let me keep looking. She came back and asked me if a Droid X would be okay since they have them new in stock. dancedroid

It will be here Monday and I did not have to complain and this was my first faulty D1. :icon_ banana:

This is more possible now since the X has been out for a long time now. Back when the X first came out it would have been far more difficult.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I went through 5 Dincs in 3 months and they offered me the D2, DX, Samsung, or to try one more Dinc.

They were refurbished phones but same warranty (1 year) as new and I have always had better luck with refurbished phones, other than the Dinc

OP
EntropikOne

EntropikOne

Reaction score
thanks for the advice, i went into the store last night after work and all they did was offer me a replacement D1 because of my insurance or that i use my upgrade.....the rep also thought my phone was rooted because i had Zeam launcher (lol) what number should I call? Should I call asurion or verizon?

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
thanks for the advice, i went into the store last night after work and all they did was offer me a replacement D1 because of my insurance or that i use my upgrade.....the rep also thought my phone was rooted because i had Zeam launcher (lol) what number should I call? Should I call asurion or verizon?

I never went to the store. Each time I had an issue I called tech support (reg CS number but I wouldn't call from your cell phone). Make sure while on the phone with them to stress your disappointment in having to go through x number of phones and you are still having issues. If they don't offer up a good solution ask for the next level or a supervisor.

I wouldn't go through asurion. With them you have to pay the deductible and they can only offer you a different phone if the phone they are replacing is obsolete or out of stock.

OP
EntropikOne

EntropikOne

Reaction score
thanks MysticalDreams, i'll try calling today and update on my success or failure

OP
EntropikOne

EntropikOne

Reaction score
awesome! I called customer service and they gave me the same options as they did in the store so I asked to speak with a supervisor/manager and now they're sending me out a droid2 :) thanks for the advice guys!

Reaction score
awesome! I called customer service and they gave me the same options as they did in the store so I asked to speak with a supervisor/manager and now they're sending me out a droid2 :) thanks for the advice guys!

That's good to hear. Let us know how it works out for you.

nerdalert

Reaction score
I have been through 3 D1s in the last 3 weeks, all had seperate issues. I called Verizon again today and spoke to the csr explaining the issues that I have had and that I did not want another refurb D1. She was very nice and went through her checklist which I let her do although I had tried it all already, and then told me she was going to send me another phone out to me. They are sending me a droid x which I am thrilled about, but I did have legitimate problems with all of them.